Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Babysitting, Rooftops, Weekend Project

There have been a lot of wildfires burning here in Washington and the biggest one is about 30 minutes east of us. Our skies have been so smoky lately, our eyes burn and a lot of people get sore throats when they head outside. We can't complain though because there are so many who have lost everything. It's just heartbreaking.
 


 And now Hurricane Ian. I was watching the Weather Channel today and the storm surge is just crazy! The way the water has been drained from the bay?! It's scary. I've been praying for everyone in Florida.
 
Diana and Peter went up to Canada for a couple days last weekend and we watched Poppy. I never knew I could love a grand dog so much! And Sharaya's been sending pictures of the cats. I miss them more than I thought I would!
 

 
This was the view from their hotel room! They had a great time, I'm glad they were able to go.


We've been having some issues at work, there's an interesting smell in a few of the hallways, on different floors. Some say it's gas, others say a dead animal. We bought some detectors and ruled out gas. To me it's more of a stale / musty odor. We're in the process of installing new air conditioners and are wondering if it's coming from them so G, our maintenance guy and I went up onto the roof to see if was one of them but it wasn't. The mystery continues! But I love being up on the roof! Such a different perspective of the building I see everyday.





 And speaking of roofs, here is a before and after picture of our gutters. It's hard to really see the difference between the brown and the white in these pictures. We also had them put on some moss killer. It's been so nice getting these things done!


 
We've had an extremely old TV stand for years and just never really thought about getting a new one. It worked for us and I'm a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' kinda girl. But I figured it was time. I mean, look at this thing! It's got a CD tower! 😂


So we ordered something on-line and began the daunting (to us) task of putting it together. And actually, it wasn't that bad! Took us about 90 minutes. And I love it!! Now I just sit in the living room and stare at it.



Before

 
After 


We had some rain today, the weather is definitely changing. I hope you have a great weekend. Can you believe it's October already?!

6 comments:

Terri D said...

Your new TV stand is beautiful!! Getting something new like that gives us a lift, doesn't it!! It doesn't have to be a big or expensive thing... just a little change is good for us now and then! Puppy is so cute!! I would miss him too!! xo

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ What a beautiful pup! I love labs, they are so smart and have a way of attaching themselves to your heart ;0) I sure can sympathize with the smoke. It's been smoky here in Idaho since July. It's almost gone and I'm so glad, although I feel sad for those who lost so much. We had rain gutters put on many years ago, they are wonderful, so glad you had them installed. Your TV stand is so pretty! I have an old one too, but like you, I keep it because it's still in perfect condition! You've inspired me...I think I'll start looking for a new one! Have a wonderful week-end! Hugs, Barb

ellen b. said...

That's a nice change for sure. That looks like a very sweet dog. Hope you can determine where that smell is coming from. Happy Fall to you!

Jeanie said...

You've been super busy! Love the new TV stand, too. And how fun to love your new grand doggie. He's a cutie!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love the new TV stand! Very neat and pretty. And your gutters do look very nice, and I am sure they will serve you well. Love your grandpuppy. So sweet. So very sorry about the continued wildfires in your part of the country. That is so devastating. Hurricane Ian came and went and did a horrible amount of destruction in the lower southwestern part of the state, as well as in other sections in the central part and eastern coast. It was a massive storm. We are very thankful that we were north of the severe part of it and did not suffer any great loss. The power was out for a few hours, but we managed and are very very thankful. Oh, I hope you figure out the odor issue. I know that can be very frustrating. Do you have any carpet anywhere that could have gotten wet? Just wondering. Take care and may God bless and also help you find the source of the problem.

Doris said...

Really like your new TV stand! My hubby is the put together person..I wouldn't know where to start even with instructions. Hope you find the source of the odor. At least you know it isn't gas, yikes!