Sunday, April 9, 2023

Unconventional, Squishy, and First Time in Years

At our Good Friday service I helped downstairs with our children's ministry. They put on something like a Stations of the Cross event that draws hundreds of kids! There were a couple of kids that found all the noise and excitement of the evening just too overwhelming so we hung out in our Special Connections room. I read the Easter story and we played with glow sticks.
 


 
On Saturday Beth and I colored eggs. Haven't done that in years! I kind of fumbled around with the whole process, couldn't remember how to dry the eggs without wiping off the coloring, and I think our food coloring is old because it wasn't sticking to the eggs... it was quite the spectacle! But we had fun!



On Sunday after church we waited until about 3:00 and then went out to The Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch. Not your typical Easter cuisine but we all like Italian and we figured they wouldn't be too busy at that time. And we were right. It was just a five minute wait.
 
After lunch we came back to the house for Easter baskets and Mexican Train. Although I don't really do baskets anymore. I just use small tupperware dishes. I remember my grandma used to make our baskets out of strawberry baskets. Remember when strawberries came in those little, square green baskets?
 


 
And we did a video chat with Diana, Peter and Adelaide. We all miss them SO much!
 


 And... we got a picture of Adelaide in one of her Easter weekend outfits. I've put it as the wallpaper on my phone and every time I pick it up to text or call I say - through clenched teeth, 'She'sh so cute and shqwishy!!!' And then I forget what I was doing. 😊 Happy Easter!


5 comments:

MELODY JACOB said...

Happy Easter. Lovely photos.
https://www.melodyjacob.com/

Cathy said...

Wonderful weekend and Adelaide is adorable!

Doris said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Yes, that baby is SO cute and SO squishy!

Terri D said...

Sweet and squishy is a perfect description of that sweet baby!! Sounds like a great Easter and Italian is good any time! xo

Susan said...

The baby looks so cute in her outfit. I haven't played Mexican Train in awhile. I need to ask my son to show me again. Did you add white vinegar to the dye? We didn't do eggs this year. Confetti is the biggy now, but what a mess!