Saturday, April 15, 2023

Double Prizes, Right on Schedule, and Future Vacation

 Beth bought some clothes on-line a few weeks ago. I sat with her at the computer as she picked out overalls and dresses and pants... she clicked on Submit and we waited for all those fun packages to arrive!
 
Chuck was doing the bills and noticed she was charged twice. There were two identical orders. I don't know how that happened but she was thrilled to get four pairs of overalls, and two pink dresses... Her original overalls broke in the dryer. The metal clasp that hooks the bib to the strap broke. One clasp broke the first time she dried them and the second one broke the second time she put them in the dryer. So this time she washed them and then hung them in the laundry room to dry. Smart girl.
 

 I had an eye appointment this week. It's been close to 10 years since I got my last pair of glasses. Beth and I went a few years ago but our prescriptions hadn't changed at all so we decided to wait to get new glasses. But mine are so scratched I'm just ready for a new pair.
 
 
My prescription still hasn't changed much. With my glasses on I see 20/20 out of my left eye and 20/25 out of my right. He also told me I have a cataract, but it's small. He said it's right on schedule - they start growing in your 60's and by your early 70's you usually have surgery to remove them. I'm glad it's 'normal' but I prefer not having it all! 😊 
 
I don't think I've told you yet that Chuck and I are going to Israel! We're going on a tour with a large group from our church. I'm so excited! My old suitcase broke a while back so I need to buy a new one, our passports are up-to-date, we've started gathering things we'll need like water socks, electric socket adapters... It's still a month away but I can hardly stand it!!

6 comments:

Terri D said...

How exciting that you are going to Isreal!! I will look forward to your photos!! Have a blessed Sunday and week ahead!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my! What wonderful news!! How exciting to be going to Israel!! Praying all comes together exactly as planned and that you will have a marvelous time! Oh, I have an eye appt. this week. My eyesight has been changing it seems and I wonder if the small starting of a cataract he saw last time has actually grown. Time will tell. It's only been a year since I got my new glasses, so I really hope I don't have to change prescriptions already. But when you are in your 70's things do change... Love the overalls, and I hope Beth is enjoying her new clothes. It's always fun to get something new. Take care and enjoy planning your trip. Keep us informed!

Cathy said...

Israel - how fun. Hope you'll post some photographs for us to see.

Susan said...

I remember when I wore overalls in the 1990's. They were cute but a pain when you had to use the bathroom! How special to be going to Israel. I would love to do that but can't sit for very long and would not be able to do a long flight. Excited for you. Our Pastor is taking a group in 2024. Enjoy your week!

ellen b. said...

How wonderful to have that trip to Israel to look forward to. We have good friends that are there right now and enjoying every minute. Glad Beth got the items she wanted x2!! :)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Look at Beth scoring 4 pairs of overalls. I remember that she had shopped for some in stores but they were terribly long. Glad she found some to fit. What a good girl to take care of them and hang them to dry.

It's been a while since I've had my eyes checked too. Need to make an appointment as I am finding myself squinting and struggling to read. I have trifocals but they are the devil!! Might just need readers.