Saturday, July 13, 2019

Metro Rodeo

Chuck drives a city bus and every year they have what they call a Rodeo, where the drivers can take the buses through an obstacle course. A few weekends ago we sat outside on bleachers and cheered and moaned as they ran over cones and others just barely squeezed through tight spaces.

Then they took a break and we all ate a free lunch from Famous Dave's BBQ food truck. Oh it was so good!

The sun came out, they had a car show, free drinks... Chuck and I don't do stuff like this very often and we really had a great time!

They had a very old bus parked out there and we got to go in and check it out. 




The comparison between the old and the new was amazing! 

 
















 

It's definitely not a desk job!


In the drivers seat of a 60' articulated bus.



 A clever play on words!



Chuck didn't participate this year but he's thinking about it for 2020!



 Ooops!




 I don't know how they drive those things! I was nervous just watching them!

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Looks like a fun event. That old bus brings back memories!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

I don't know how your husband navigates such a long bus!! I have trouble just trying to park my car!! It looks like you had fun!

i also loved your, Thankful Thursday post. I am thankful for all those things as well...we are so blessed.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Rebecca Jo said...

How fun is that! I love seeing the old buses.
Ricky's father used to drive a city bus for a living too. Ricky always said he had the funniest stories of people he'd met in a day

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That sounds like fun. Glad you enjoyed it. I love that old bus!