Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blossoming

Lately people have been coming up to Chuck and I, telling us about their conversations with Beth. Some we know fairly well, others we barely know! But Beth is going around engaging people in conversation, connecting with them...

We have a small coffee shop at church and every Sunday Beth buys a drink. She usually just goes up, orders her drink and leaves. Recently the barista, P, asked her how bowling is going and if she ever got her bowling shoes. (P is also a co-worker who I had told about waiting 2 months for the shoes to come in...) Beth started telling her all about the shoes and even pulled out her phone to show her pictures! P had never seen Beth open up to her like that before!

Chuck and I are in a small group during the week and one of the other couples has attended our church for quite a while but we've never hung out together. Don't really know them very well. One night at our group J tells me that Beth came up to her and another lady on a Sunday morning and announced, "I'm back!!" The two ladies nervously looked at each other not really knowing what she was talking about and asked her what she meant. Beth told them that she had been sick and had missed the previous Sunday. Oh! They asked her how she was doing and she told them all about it!

We have another friend, C, who we know well, they've been to our house and we've been to theirs. Well, one day she decided to give Beth her phone number and told her that she could text her anytime. She hasn't regretted it... so far. :) She'll come tell me about some of the texts she gets, long, conversation type texts. Texts that I've never gotten from Beth! Mine are usually just a few words, but not with C! C gets full conversations about work and art class...

This has been so encouraging for us! Beth was like this growing up, talkative, friendly, and it's so good to see her coming back out of her shell!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome news, Cindy! And I love that picture of Beth on your header--she looks very happy.

Caz said...

That's such a lovely thing to be happening. Huge well done to Beth, and you of course. Wonderful picture too. 1

Laura said...

Loved reading this! And I love your new header pic:)

Mardra said...

Not to be a follower, but...me too! (on loving the new pic)
Also, I agree, it's so lovely when our kids engage more. DO you think it's a confidence thing? I notice Marcus making small steps as well and I'm encouraged.

Kristin said...

Yay!