Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What Month is This??

It's been such a long time since I've posted anything. I remember I need to post when I'm in the shower, or riding in the car. Not very convenient places to pull out the laptop...

We're all doing fine. Beth continues to work, and go to karaoke and art and bowling. She is coming up on her 1 year anniversary at work! The longest she's ever held a job! We're so proud of her and are planning a surprise for her.

Her karaoke group is planning a production of Grease, one of Beth's favorite movies! She first wanted to try out for the part of Sandy but is now talking about Patti Simcox, the bouncy cheerleader. Not sure what roll Beth will get but the tryouts begin tomorrow.

I've been working a second job (part time) doing data entry for a friend's business. That's something I could do for hours without even blinking an eye. I LOVE data entry.

I'm still not comfortable with photos on this computer, or on my phone! I've taken pictures of Beth with her new glasses, but just the thought of getting them onto this blog terrifies me. I just don't want to take the time to figure out all the steps. I'm making a photo book for Chuck's sister and I must have spent 2 hours trying to get the photos from my thumb drive to Shutterfly. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out! Finally saved them to my desktop but even THAT didn't work. I was on the verge of tears when I just had to walk away. Chuck looked at it when he got home and figured out I had saved them as Shortcuts. Sigh. I deleted all of them and had to start again. Ugh!

Our basement is flooding, did I tell you? We have a daylight basement and I went down to the craft room to work on a scrapbook and the carpet is soaked. Had a friend come take a look and he couldn't find anything that might be causing it. He went under the house to check pipes but everything is bone dry under there. He suggested moving a downspout from next to the house and divert it so the water drains away from the house, but that was the only thing he saw. We're hoping and praying it's not a cracked foundation.

BUT, it's Spring in the great Northwest! The last couple of days have been sunny and in the high 50's. Flowers are starting to bloom, the air is drying out, it's really been glorious!

I think about you all more than you know! I hope you're doing well! Til next time...

2 comments:

Caz said...

So good to hear from you!

Anna Theurer said...

So happy to hear from you! Sorry about your basement. Ugh! Wet carpet :( That is great about Beth coming up on her 1 year anniversary. She must be excited and so proud :)