Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bittersweet

There hasn't been a lot to write about lately.

On Saturday we went to a Vintage Market put on by some of the kids in the youth choir from our church. They're raising money for their mission trip to England next month. Beth, Diana and I stopped by but we didn't really buy anything. (Some homemade salsa and banana bread.) They had some really nice stuff: furniture, quilts, baking supplies, plants, homemade greeting cards. I wanted to buy a lot but I didn't have a lot of money to spend and I don't need anymore stuff.

The youth choir sings in our Sunday services this weekend. This will be the last time Beth will sing in the Sanctuary. I think I might have told you that after about 30 years they are disbanding the choir. In the fall there will just be smaller ensembles and I'm guessing you're going to have to sing quite well to be in one. The Psalms are filled with encouraging words to 'make a joyful noise' and that's exactly what Beth does! There are a few parents upset about this change so who knows what will happen in the future. But for now, Sunday is the end. It's going to be a bittersweet day!

(There's one more event in our somewhat small town near the end of July and the choir has been invited to sing there.)

I want to appologize for not having many pictures lately. I've been having severe lower back pain so I stopped carrying my camera everywhere. And my back seems to be getting better. Hmm, imagine that?! :)

No comments: