Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This Can't Be Good... Or Can It?

Beth goes bowling every Tuesday from 10:00 - 12:00. She's gone from the house from about 9 AM - 1 PM. I work on Tuesdays and am home for lunch around noon. While I was home today, Beth called.

"Mom. It happen again."

(Oh no, this can't be good.)
"What happened Beth?"

"I step on my glasses."

"Oh no! Did they break?"

"Yea."

One Mississippi
Two Mississippi
Three Mississippi....
Seven Mississippi

"Are you still able to wear them Beth?"

"Maybe."

Well, she was at the bowling alley and I was at home so there was nothing I could do until later. When I got home she explained how she had put them on the arm of the couch when she went in to wash her face. When she came back out, she didn't see that they had fallen on the floor, obviously because... she wasn't... wearing her.... anyway, crunch. She stepped on them.

BUT!

She then picked up the two pieces, got the scotch tape (lots of scotch tape) and 'repaired' her glasses! Woohoo!! She wore them to the bowling alley and was just fine! When I got home from work, we went back to the eyeglass store and he reattached the arm and they were good as new!

As we were walking back to the car, she flipped her hair back like she was a famous celebrity walking the red carpet and said, "Whew! That much better!"

I love this girl!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww. So adorable : )

Laurie said...

Good thinking Beth!! scotch tape was a great idea! I bet it did feel better when they were fixed!

Mom of 12 said...

We do lots of glasses at my house too. My son with autism went through half a dozen pairs every year when he was little. He does much better now...only about 2 per year.
Sandy

Becca said...

Hahaha, I love her reaction to the repair! LOL Glad she managed to fix them temporarily, though, and keep on bowling!

Alex's Mom said...

We need to get these girls on the Disney channel - they would be a big hit!