Monday, August 1, 2011

Sometimes There's Nothing Worth Buying

While my sisters were here in June (I can't believe it's August already!) we did some shopping at a thrift store. I love thrift store shopping! Sometimes there's nothing worth buying and other times... well let me show you what I bought!

I walked by it once, ran my fingers over the fabric and looked at the lines of the wood. The fabric reminded me of some furniture my grandma used to own.

I kept browsing but couldn't stop thinking about it. My sister came over and when I showed her she told me if I didn't buy it she would. I looked at the price but thought it was probably wrong. I knew an employee was coming by any minute to put on the correct price. We asked someone about it and he told us they had just put it out on the floor and he didn't expect it to stay there long.

So I bought it. My sister stood guard while I searched for an employee. He took it to the back room to hold it for me until we could come back with a bigger vehicle.

Wanna see it?



I absolutely love the fabric. And it's in great condition!



I did have to use some wood glue on a couple of the connecting ends. I still haven't polished it or cleaned the wood yet. But it's strong, I've sat on it a few times.




I am so in love with this bench!! Still not sure where I'm going to put it. Right now it's just sort of in the corner of the livingroom. You know how much I paid for it? Only $15!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, wow, only $15? Looks like it's in great shape! I LOVE thrift store shopping. I have found some really amazing stuff, too. Good for you!

JC said...

Ooooh, nice!

Laurie said...

love it!