Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rewind Wednesday

I've kept a journal for each of my girls since they were just a few months old. I wrote about when they learned to ride a bike, their friends, favorite teachers, etc. This is a journal entry for Beth just before she turned two.


September 2, 1986

Hi Beth,

You are almost two (next month) and really advancing! You love to walk but still won't do it alone. You walk pushing your bike all over the apartment complex. You use furniture, walls, you even walk holding on to just one of our hands! You are learning!

Mommy and Daddy are trying to prepare you for a brother or sister. Mommy is going to have a baby in a couple of weeks. You don't seem real interested, but we're making it an every day thing. We have the bassinet and playpen out all the time. We took you to the hospital yesterday to see all the babies but you seemed more interested in talking to the nurses!
I love you so much!
Love, Mommy





These pictures were taken in August, 1986, the journal entry was in September and Beth began walking regularly on her own in October. She worked at it for months, but finally, when the time was right for her, she did it! It's amazing the celebrations that occur when the milestones are reached. :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How wonderful that you have those journals to look back on!

Mom of 12 said...

You are so good! I started that with my oldest two...then life got in the way.
Sandy

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwww! This is so stinking sweet! I still have to put information in Kaishon's school book about the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade... EEEK!

JC said...

I don't know why this post made me cry, but it did. Maybe its because Russell is turning two three months from now and not walking quite yet...I don't know, this post just hit me. It was very sweet. I love that you kept journals for your kids. Thanks for sharing with us :)