Sunday, February 5, 2023

Shopping For Fun

 Beth has been asking me to go shopping lately and we finally found some time to go.
 
I picked her up from bowling and we stopped at Silver Platters. She wanted to get a CD for Chuck for his birthday. She said he only has one CD in his car, the soundtrack to the Broadway play Come From Away. She never saw the play and doesn't really know any of the songs. So she bought him The Greatest Showman. It's one of her favorites! 
 


 We left there and met Diana and Adelaide for lunch at Red Robin. Another of Beth's favorites.
 
 



 Then it was off to Target. Beth bought some overalls there not too long ago and both of those metal clips that attach the straps have broken. She loves those overalls so she tried on some new ones but they just didn't fit well. The top was too big; the pants were long...
 
"I dunno" (with a drop at the end) is Beth speech for "Nope." 
Beth are you having the soup? "I dunno." 
Did you want to come with us? "I dunno."
After I took this picture she turned around and said, "I dunno."
 
We're going to look for some on-line.
 
 
When we left Target Diana and Adelaide headed home and Beth and I went to Staples. She was after markers and gel pens. Two things she didn't find at Target.
 
She headed straight for the back of the store. Knew exactly what she wanted and where they were!
 


 I cut her toenails this week and I noticed she needs new shoes. So, we'll be shoe shopping next!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like you all had a fun day.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Shopping together sounds like a real treat for both of you, and then when you can meet your other daughter and sweet little granddaughter for lunch, well, that's the icing on the cake! I'm sorry Beth didn't find everything she was looking for. Sometimes online shopping is the answer. I hope that works out for her. Have a blessed week.

Doris said...

Sounds like fun! We love Red Robin. They have a decent GF bun, something few places offer. We do a lot of online shoe shopping for Ellen since she has two different size feet. We do returns too =)

Terri D said...

What a fun day!! Wish I could have joined you!!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Love that Beth knew exactly what she wanted to get Chuck for his birthday. That was very observant of her to realize he only has one CD in his vehicle and might like something new to listen to.

My dad had a standard answer of "pretty good" for everything. How was dinner, dad? Pretty good. How are you feeling? Pretty good. How was work, dad? Pretty good. Drove my mom nuts!!

Michelle said...

I love, love, love this post!! So much fun. Lillian also enjoys a good shopping trip, though we seldom are able to do them.