Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Beth's Turn

Now Beth has tested positive. Given the covid protocols we may not be able to say goodbye to Diana and Peter this weekend. I've thought about going to the hotel and at least waving to them in the parking lot, but we'll see. The plan is to visit for Christmas so we'll have that to look forward to.
 
So far her symptoms have been mild. She lives downstairs from us so we're rarely in contact with her. She has to come up to use the bathroom so we've closed the door that leads to the hallway with our bedroom and bathroom and she's using the other one. We haven't heard much coughing and can still sometimes hear her laughing at whatever she's watching on TV. 
 
The worst part is the congestion. That's been our main symptom. No fevers, no headaches... just severe congestion. After trying everything (antihistamines, steam, vicks, sleeping sitting up...) I took an allergy pill. Cleared it up within a day! I could breathe again, I could sleep in my bed and function during the day. So that's one of the first things I gave her. So far so good.
 
Chuck sent this picture this morning. He took it from the front of his bus while driving in downtown Seattle.
 

 We live about 20 minutes north and even though it's been snowing here all morning, nothing is sticking.

Won't be doing too much around here today. I sure am enjoying these slow quiet days though. Giving me a glimpse of retirement! 💖 I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. Stay healthy!
 

11 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ I'm so sorry about the covid, when will it leave us alone?! I'm afraid it never will, but we learn to adjust, don't we. I hope Beth recovers quickly. I could feel the heartbreak in your post about the kids moving, it's so hard, especially when you have lived so close to them. I hope you get to at least blow kisses to them. I think we are fortunate to live when we do because of all the technology that makes it possible to talk to each other live. You will all be in my prayers. Gentle Hugs, Barb

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh no... I didnt know you all got the VID... I know so many people that its getting right now. Glad you got something to help with congestion. There was only one syrup that helped me - I cant think of it now.
Hoping Beth has the worst behind her :)

Doris said...

I'm so sorry that Beth has that nasty virus. Sounds like she is doing good. Our Ellen would not be ok by herself...not because she couldn't do it, she wouldn't! Thankfully we all had it at the same time so separation wasn't necessary. Beth is amazing! (it's fun to her them laugh, isn't it?)

Regina said...

Oh I pray everyone gets completely well soon. Sending hugs your way!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, no!! I'm sorry Beth has caught Covid, too. Glad it seems like a mild case.

Hope you will go to the hotel and wave goodbye. I think you will regret not doing so. I know it will be hard but it will mean a lot to your daughter.

Good job making plans already to visit. Christmas will be here before we know it. Time is flying!! Can't believe we are already to March.

Cathy said...

I hope Beth will get better very quickly. Take care.

ellen b. said...

Bummer about Beth getting Covid, too. Glad it's been mild. I'm happy to read you are planning a trip at Christmas to visit!

Susan said...

Praying you all get well soon! I got it this past summer and all I had was really bad nose congestion. I didn't lose my taste or appetite. I had lots of soup. I took Tylenol decongestant and used Vicks Vapor Rub. Have a great weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Our son was at a wedding last weekend and most everyone got Covid. ((Hugs))

Jeanie said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. Sending all good wishes to Beth for a quick recovery and hope she's well soon.

R's Rue said...

Praying.