Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saying Goodbye

After church last Sunday we all met for lunch at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants La Palmera. It was good to see Peter's parents again. My heart had been in my throat all day but I managed to make it through lunch. Beth tested negative that morning so she was able to come too. Still wasn't 100% but felt well enough to join us.
 

 
After lunch we headed over to Diana and Peter's to help clean out the last of the stuff. We loaded up the cars, then headed outside so Peter could do the final walk-through with their landlord. We ended up taking a ton of pictures! I won't share them all but here are a few:



 
My 💖


Sharaya took pictures of Diana and Peter in front of their house. The only one missing is Poppy! But she's temporarily with Peter's sister in New Jersey and seems to be adjusting well. 



We gathered around in a circle and Chuck prayed for the four of them as they're headed across the country. We spent a few minutes hugging everyone, then they climbed into the cars and were gone.
 

 I snapped this picture, then burst into tears. The ache in my heart was so real. I cried off and on all the way home, and all evening I felt like a zombie. 
 
By Tuesday I was feeling better, thinking about all the adventures they'll have as a new family. When Diana first moved out there she was single and didn't even know Peter existed. We were talking about how she's moved seven times in the last seven years. And now they'll get to find a home where they can put down roots and have space for their family to grow. I can't wait to see them this Christmas!!


11 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ I have to admit, I shed a tear or two just reading your post...so touching. I'm so glad that you were able to go and meet them for lunch and then help them get ready to leave, what a blessing. That must have been so difficult watching them leave. Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye, and you will be loving on that sweet Adelaide again...she is so precious!

Thank you for the fun idea with, What do you Meme. I have some really fun photos of my family that would be perfect!

Thank you for sharing your tender moments and your heart with us, Cindy. Gentle Hugs, Barb

Jeanie said...

That had to be so very hard. I hope you'll be able to visit soon -- I know it's quite a hike. And you never know what the future may be. Perhaps it isn't a permanent parting. I have a feeling you'll be zooming or facetiming a lot!

Cathy said...

Cindy, I know how hard this can be. We are in Ohio and one girl is in Florida and the other along with our grandson is in Texas. All I can say is thank goodness to phones and video chats. Praying for you.

Rebecca Jo said...

Goodbyes are so hard... but I love we live in a world where you can stay so connected with video chats. Hang in there!!!
Glad Beth is finally negative!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS))

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my dear Cindy, I know that is so difficult. You handled it well. And yes, Christmas will be here before you know it, and what a grand time that will be! And how wonderful we have facetime, etc. now. When our grandson was a baby we could only see him maybe 2x a year since we lived in FL., and they were in Maine. We didn't have facebook or facetime then, and they weren't all that good about sending us pictures, so it was very frustrating for me. But we managed and still had a wonderful relationship with our grandson. I wish we could see him more now, but he's 23 and well, that should explain that. Praying for you and also for your family who moved away. It will be difficult for them as well, but time flies and you will be together again soon. Praying for you. (((hugs)))

Terri D said...

Oh my, such a hard thing to do but you are right to think ahead of the positives of their move. Christmas really will be here before we know it. Time goes much too fast these days. Hugs!

ellen b. said...

I can imagine those tears and how hard it was to see them go. I can also understand that zombie feeling. So good to know you can visit them at Christmas. Hugs.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

So glad everyone was able to be together for lunch. My heart hurts for you because I know how hard it is to say goodbye to those kids and that baby. So glad you have Christmas to look forward to. And it will be here before you know it. In the meantime, Facetime every chance you get.

Michelle said...

Hard not to shed a tear while reading. Loving them hard never ends, does it??

Ernie said...

Oh, Cindy. This must be so hard. That last pic of Adeliene. So precious. Distance is hard. I can only imagine your heart in your throat. I cried off and on after we dropped Mini off at college and that was less than 2 hours away from home. Hoping video chats might make the distance slip away temporarily for you.