Monday, February 20, 2023

The Biggest Change

 A month ago I posted about 'big changes coming'. One of them is my job. That transition is to begin in the next week or two.
 
The other... has been harder to write about. The tears are already starting as I type this.
 
Diana and Peter are moving back to Pennsylvania. Due to job changes, the 'Seattle Freeze' as it's so often called, (Seattle is the least welcoming city in the nation it seems. Many people who have moved here from places east say we're not as friendly, not as willing to help each other out...) the housing market is better back there, just lots of reasons that made them decide to move back.
 
They are going to pack all their stuff in a rental truck, then Peter and Poppy are going to drive back east. He'll drop the truck and Poppy off with his sister, then he and his parents will fly back out here and the 5 of them will spend a few weeks driving east, sightseeing as they go.
 
They'll be gone by the end of this month. 
 
We've tried to spend as much time as possible with them and wouldn't you know it, Chuck and I tested positive for covid this weekend. Our very first time getting it. Diana and Adelaide were supposed to stay here while we cleaned their place but that will have to change. 

It's just killing me. But what can you do.

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. ((HUGS))
Sorry about Covid. Feel better soon.

ellen b. said...

Oh Cindy, that is really hard. I'm so sorry you have to suffer this way. I will pray that our loving God will comfort you as only He can. Also that you will be covid free sooner than later.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I am SO sorry to hear this sad news. I know this will be a difficult adjustment for all of you. I know you will want to be closer to that sweet baby while she is growing up. Praying for all of you. Also very sorry to hear about the Covid diagnosis. That's no fun at all, especially right now when you want to be together. Praying for the whole situation and for your peace of mind over this. I know you are happy about your job change that is upcoming. I hope that will be a blessing for you. Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers for these upcoming days ahead. God is with you...all the time!!

R's Rue said...

I’m so sorry. Feel better. Praying for you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

It is hard having our kids live so far away. But it's like that for us too, so I understand what you're going through. Take care and I hope you recover quickly from Covid.

Latane Barton said...

I really feel for you. My kiddos are spread out all over the country and it's hard. But, you have to look on the bright side... now you have a trip in your future... probably many of them. There's got to be a rainbow somewhere in those dark clouds. And, pooey on getting covid. Such bad timing. Hugs and well wishes.

Jeanie said...

Oh Cindy, I'd be so sorry about the Covid anytime but the timing couldn't be worse, could it? That's a real bummer. I know you will miss them terribly. all that and the job transition -- makes for stressful times.

Doris said...

My heart cries with you. Covid is enough but adding a child moving so far away, needing to be with them but the virus keeping you away. Oh my. May God be near and bring healing and comfort.
(I'm from PA...Lancaster Co.)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, sweet friend, I am so sorry. I know you will miss them desperately. My oldest daughter lives in Ft. Worth, about 500 miles away from us. It's so hard trying to maintain a relationship with my grandson and granddaughter across the miles. But it's not impossible!! Hope you will be able to visit the kids as soon as they get situated. And maybe you can meet in the middle now and then.

Take care of yourself so this Covid doesn't keep you down long. So unfair that after all this time you contracted Covid now. Big hugs!!