Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Monitoring, Characters, Responsibility

 After Beth passed out a couple weeks ago her doctor wanted her to get a heart monitor. Wear the heart monitor for a week, then do an Echocardiogram. I would get the monitor at one doctor's office, then the echo would be done at a different office. They weren't able to find a date that worked so I told them I'd call them to set it up. Then I got sick.
 
Finally made the appointment and on Monday we went up to the doctor to get the monitor only to find out we were at the echo office. Thankfully they were able to get us in anyway and we walked out with her all hooked up. They're hoping these two procedures will give some idea as to why she passed out.
 

 Our church hosts a Trunk and Treat and we did our usual Winnie the Pooh theme. We had it on Saturday and this year I bought some fun stickers. They were a huge hit! Unfortunately I didn't get nearly enough. We had about 600 kids come through! It is so much fun, we look forward to it every year. "Welcome to the Hundred Acre Wood!"


Have you voted yet? It seems each election becomes more important than the last. We sit down with Beth and explain a little about the issue and about each candidate. Sometimes she votes with us, sometimes against! We filled ours out and dropped them off a week early! Please vote.

9 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I love your Halloween Theme! And that is a lot of visitors! Voting here is Tuesday. I will be there!

16 blessings'mom said...

I hope you get some answers about Beth passing out, hope it's good news too. I really love the Pooh theme, what fun!!!!

Jeanie said...

I'm glad she has that kind of monitor -- it will be easier on her skin. I send all wishes for a good report and one that provides some answers. Yup. Dropped off the ballot yesterday! Now it's up to everyone else!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ I hope that you can find out all the questions that you must have about Beth's health...that's scary to have her pass out. I pray that you will find out what is happening, and that all will be well. We have already voted...so important to exercise that right! Your, trunk or treat looked fun...who doesn't like, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet?! Happy November! Hugs, Barb

ellen b. said...

Glad you could get Beth hooked up! Trunk or treats are great. Glad yours was popular. Our church does a Fall Fest every year with Trunk or Treats, too. We had 1200 come through this year!! YIKES!

Terri D said...

Very cute trunk-or-treat costumes!! Six hundred kids?!!! WOW!!! Hoping the heart monitor will give you and Beth some answers. xo

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So glad Beth is getting some good tests done. Will pray for good results and some answers. Your costumes/trunk or treat outfit was wonderful, but 600 kids? WOW! We had about 50 kids come to our house, and that was a lot for us...I ran out of candy. I must do better next year! Yes, we have voted and turned ours in already too. Praying praying praying. OUr country needs a LOT of prayer!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I pray that everything will be okay. I'm glad it is all being checked out. Wow, 600 kids! That's a lot. You guys look cute. Yes, voting is extremely important now.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Have never seen an actual trunk for trunk or treat...yours is super cute!! What fun. I think I could really get into doing that. But 600 kids is a lot of kids!! No wonder you ran out of stickers. Love your costumes and your great decorations.

Hope the doctors are able to figure out what happened to Beth a few weeks ago. I am thinking it has happened again since. Hope not, anyway. Maybe she had a real dip in her blood sugar or blood pressure? Hope they find some answers through heart monitoring.

Well done talking with Beth about the candidates and encouraging her to vote. That is wonderful. I appreciate that she makes up her own mind about who gets her vote. A mind of her own!!