Sunday, November 6, 2022

Grateful for An Hour

 Our church hosted Missions Fest this weekend. It's an organization that gathers various missions groups into one place and they all share about what God is doing around the world. MF comes in and completely transforms the church, setting up booths for the groups to promote their ministries. There were general sessions in the Sanctuary, then almost every classroom had breakout sessions with various speakers throughout the day. From a facility end of things it's exhausting. And MF is aware of that so they move to different churches every two years. I wasn't able to attend any of the sessions but I heard they were powerful. 
 
We did all the room set ups on Wednesday and Thursday, then the conference was Friday and Saturday. When the conference ended at 4:30 Saturday evening, my custodial crew began cleaning every classroom, foyer, and bathroom, to get things ready for Sunday morning classes and events. When I walked in the house at 9:30 Saturday night, I was SO grateful for that extra hour of Daylight Savings!
 
This was my step count from Saturday only -
 
 
Our main foyer and gym. 
They were still setting up pipes and drapes in the gym so I only got a picture of half of it but that's what the entire thing looked like!
 



Got up this morning and went back to church, then everyone came over for lunch. After watching the first half of the Seahawks game, we played Mexican Train. It was so good to be together. And I didn't get a single picture.
 
Do you keep track of your step count?  
 
I hope you had a good weekend. And I hope you got to enjoy that extra hour of sleep!  

6 comments:

Terri D said...

I don't keep track of my steps. Joe had a smartwatch and I did wear it for a few months after he died. The most I did was over 23,000 the day I moved Helen from her house to the assisted living facility. It is not something I really care about and I don't wear his watch anymore. You have a very big and very active church!! xo

R's Rue said...

I love reading your posts. Thank you so much.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ WOW!! I'm not sure I even get 4000 steps a day, let alone 22,000! Every time you post about your job I am just amazed at what you accomplish...good work! The Missionary Fest sounds really fascinating, what a great experience. I'm so glad you got a little break on Sunday to spend time with family and put your feet up! Have a great week! Hugs, Barb

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That is a LOT of work, doing all of those set ups, etc. I hope you have a good staff to help with all of that. Sounds like you do. That is a big responsibility! But I think it is great that your church is so involved in missions. It seems like we just don't hear enough about our foreign mission fields anymore. There is a lot going on in our world that we need to keep praying about, especially for these "saints" who sacrifice so much to serve the Lord in various places. Thank you for YOUR service to the Lord. Hope you got some good rest when it was over.

Ernie said...

I'm a little behind, but I wanted to say that the bus attack was so scary. Glad Chuck is OK. Yikes.

Love the Halloween trunk or treat photo. So cute. Hoping the docs figure out a thing or two from the monitor - something simple, of course.

I do not count my steps. I do sometimes think it would be interesting to have one of those watches that tells you how much you really slept vs how wakeful you were, etc.

Susan said...

That is a lot of steps! I am sure it turned out great!