Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Down and Out

 The smoke was so bad in Seattle last week from all the wildfires. So many people had sore throats. 
 

 On Wednesday I visited a friend in the hospital. It was a little strange because I was able to walk right into the hospital. I was wearing a mask but no one stopped to ask me covid questions or give me a visitor's badge. I just went right to the elevator, and right into his room! That's the first time that's happened since before covid hit.
 
I ran to a few stores to get stickers for the Trunk and Treat happening this coming weekend. I figured Target or at least The Party Store would have Winnie the Pooh stickers but not one store did, and I went to four different stores! So many of the shelves were empty. I ended up just buying them on-line.
 


 Thursday after work Beth and I went to the grocery store. By that point my throat was feeling tight. It didn't hurt, just felt... constricted. I figured it was due to the smoke.
 


 By the time I went to bed that night my head was sloshy. That's the only word I can think of that describes what I was feeling. I didn't feel bad, nothing hurt, just didn't feel... right. And by the next morning I had a stuffy nose, I was coughing and my throat hurt. I ended up staying home from work that day and have been home every day since.
 
I took a couple of covid tests over the weekend but both were negative. No fever, no chills, just a good old-fashioned head cold. I've been sleeping in my recliner so I don't keep Chuck awake with all the coughing. Going through a ton of kleenex. I don't remember the last time I was sick. It's been many years.
 
Hoping this is over soon so I can get back to work and back to life. In the meantime I'm watching a lot of Christmas movies and drinking a lot of tea! I hope you're doing well!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ So sorry to hear that you are sick! I think it's sad that the new normal is thinking we have covid any time we get sick...I'm so glad you didn't. I'm also sorry to hear about all the fires. Here in Idaho we have been getting some of the smoke, nothing like you guys are getting. Get well soon, you will be in my prayers. Gentle Hugs, Barb

Jeanie said...

Keep testing. Between Covid, flu and RSV, a LOT is going around! And hoping Beth is doing well after your last post.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, the shelves were so empty. Sorry you're not feeling well. Glad it's not Covid. Feel better soon.

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I hope you will recover quickly.

Terri D said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so stuffy and bad. Glad it isn't Covid!! Our doctor's offices aren't requiring masks now and it is so refreshing!! That smoke must be scary as well as nasty to breathe. Stay safe!! Get well soon! xo

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. Praying this will be over soon. No one likes to get a cold. I'm sure the smoky situation isn't helping either. Just rest, drink that tea and some good old fashioned chicken noodle soup would help too! That's one of my go-to's when I feel puny. Take care and rest. We'll be praying.

ellen b. said...

Hope you will feel better soon. It is discouraging trying to shop for something specific anymore. Used to have so many choices...
Signs of the times that I hope will reverse themselves soon.

Ernie said...

I'm getting caught up here - that early morning when Beth was ill was scary. Hope she is feeling better. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Four kids in my care had covid end of last week. I still can't believe I didn't get it, and I wonder if I had it at some point but had no symptoms? The football stadium looks super cool. I'm not usually all that impressed with a football field, but that one stood out to me. Your sink looks great. There's nothing quite like an upgrade. We are loving our new washing machine, well - I'm enjoying it probably more than anyone. Beth's curls are so pretty!