Monday, August 29, 2022

You Have To Look Closely

We went up to Leavenworth Saturday night. We've wanted to do a little stargazing and heard Lake Wenatchee was a great place to view the Milky Way. So we stopped at Leavenworth to have dinner and do a little shopping.
 
The drive there is so beautiful. I love road trips! Even if they are only 2.5 hours long!
 




She knew I was taking her picture 😁


 



The Baren Haus. They have a variety of food but we wanted to have something authentic so Beth and I tried the Schnitzel, have you ever had it? We really liked it!



We walked around a little before heading to the lake. Leavenworth is so pretty at night!




We got lost on the way to the lake, made a u-turn on a residential street, then went into the wrong entrance to the park... finally found the turn off and drove through a campground to get to the water. It was about 10:30 by now and the sky was spectacular! It blows me away that we can see the Milky Way with the naked eye. This is the picture I took -
 
 
I think you can see 5 stars!! 😂 Peter got some great shots, the rest of us just kept looking up. I took a picture off the internet and this is pretty close to what we saw, except for us it was directly overhead.



It's spectacular! Took my breath away and reminded me of God's creative power. We serve such a great and mighty God!

7 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like you had a pretty wonderful day! That little town looks a lot like an Alpine Village in Georgia called Helen, Ga. It is quite the tourist attraction, and is in the mountains. We drove through there a couple of years ago with our kids on our way to our mountain weekend getaway. Would have loved to have stopped and had some authentic German cuisine, but it was too crowded. I love your star pictures...I know what you mean about God's creative power shown in the universe! It is so awesome to think about how He spoke the Word and everything was in place! Our God is an awesome God! Thank you for sharing your lovely day with us. Sounds perfect!

Latane Barton said...

What a nice road trip. I've never been to Leavenworth... may put it on my bucket list.

Cathy said...

Yes, our God is so awesome! Leavenworth looks a really neat place. I love taking my dog out on a clear night and looking up at the stars...so beautiful!

ellen b. said...

What a fun outing to see those stars! The food sounded good, too. God's creation is amazing.

Susan said...

What a nice day trip! I know what you mean about getting a picture. I tried taking pictures of the Northern Lights in Alaska back in 2006. They did not come out, but the picture is forever in my mind. Thanks for sharing!

Terri D said...

That looks like a fun place to visit and the view of the sky was worth the wrong turns! I agree with you on God's amazing creation!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It does look like a beautiful drive. The town looks so cute. Wow, that looks stunning.