Friday, August 26, 2022

Bandages, Shopping Malls, and New Smells

I finally got Beth into the Department of Licensing to renew her state ID! It expired in 2019 and I just never got it done. I got her the REAL ID so she doesn't have to bring her passport with her every time we fly. The guy was so kind and even showed us all her previous photos with the different headbands, pink, blue, purple...! He complimented her on her signature and said it looked like a beautiful drawing. We left there and stopped for lunch before going to the mall. 
 

 
Chuck and I are going to a Seattle Mariners game in a few weeks so I'm looking for a new team shirt. We parked at the opposite side of the mall from our usual place and found out the team store isn't there anymore! I needed up walking the full length of the mall to find another one. She didn't want to make the trek so she found a seat and settled in with her phone. Course I prayed as I walked away, "Lord protect her. If anyone even thinks about harming her let them see your ministering angels...! Sure enough, she was right there when I got back. 😄

 
Then we went to DSW to get some new shoes. Chuck and I got some new arch supports a few weeks ago and I've needed some new walking shoes, and Beth needed some too.
 
She also went to the doctor a few days ago for a blood draw to check on medicine levels. She takes thyroid medicine and every 6 months she's got to get checked. She holds her arm out and straight like this for a long time. I have to convince her that it's okay to use her arm, even with the bandage.
 
 
Chuck, Sharaya, Diana, Poppy and I went for a walk at a local park. It's about a half mile from our house, so we walk there and then walk the loop a few times before heading back. It's right on the edge of a forest area and it's always so cool and pretty. Poppy loved all the new smells!
 


 
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Terri D said...

Thanks for sharing another adventure with Beth and for catching us up on your week!! Have a blessed weekend!! xo

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a very kind clerk at the DMV! Glad you got things up to date. That looks like a very nice place to walk. Happy weekend to you.

Billie Jo said...

Hello!Looks like Beth is having some very happy days! Except for the blood draw! Have a cozy weekend, my friend!