Saturday, December 7, 2019

Trying New Things

All Aboard hosted a private showing of Frozen 2 tonight. Beth needed to transfer buses to get to the theater so last night we drove her to the transit station and explained exactly what would happen. Then I sent her a text with a picture of the buses, "DART will pick you up at home, Para Transit will drop you off at the theater..."



She did great! She sent me a text when she got to the theater and even sent us this picture:


Then she texted when she got home and said she loved the movie! This was the first time she's had to transfer buses and thankfully she waits on one bus until the other bus arrives so she was never left alone but this morning she did say she was nervous. But she did fine!

We drove around last night and looked at Christmas lights. There were so many cute little characters from tv shows and movies... 'Christmas lights' sure have changed a lot from when I was a kid!





I mentioned a few posts ago that we were going to make some changes with my desk at work. I've found trying to run my department while helping to run the front office isn't working. I just don't have time to do both. My boss wants me to remain centrally located (as opposed to putting me down on the first floor) So yesterday we put a wall up by my desk. We'll try this and see how it goes. 

My desk is in the back. This is what it looked like before:


And after we put up a taller wall:


I used to see the receptionists desk and out to the office area where the guests would come in. Plus through the window and down the hall...



But now I'm hidden behind the wall. I won't be answering the phones as much and even though it'll take some getting used to I'm hoping it gives me more time to be out and about helping my crew and getting things done throughout the building. 



And speaking of getting things done, we were setting up for a Senior Adults Christmas Party yesterday and Beth was helping to set out all the chairs when I looked up and saw her sitting with some of the ladies folding napkins. She's normally very shy but she just sat right down and began folding! She loves doing this kind of thing, being creative and working with her hands.



What about you? Are you creative? Do you make things or paint or draw...?

4 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Go Beth!!! Transferring buses would make me nervous! She must be so proud of herself! And good for her chatting it up with the ladies. I hope that all goes smoothly with the changes going on at work! Have a wonderful week.

Rebecca Jo said...

I love TRYING to be creative - does that count? :)
GOOD JOB BETH... I'd be nervous changing buses myself.
I bet you'll appreciate a little bit more privacy & you'll be amazed at what even a little bit of a buffer can do to lessen sounds that are distracting

ellen b. said...

Well done Beth!
I hope your desk area tweak will work well for you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope your desk works out well. The houses all look so nice.
So glad that Beth went to see the movie and did the transfer. I loved Frozen II.