Friday, October 3, 2014

Last Day

It's just been a busy week.

Tuesday was Chuck's last day at Centurylink. After 19 years. I picked him up around noon and we went to lunch to mark the occasion. I asked him how he was doing and he said, "I'm really doing okay. Now on to the next thing." I wish I handled change as easily as he does.

Wednesday I filled in for a friend at work. It's a different position from my own and it was really fun to sit in her chair for the day! While I was there, Diana drove Chuck down to Starline and he left for Oregon with 20 other drivers. (He's driven part time for them for a couple years now.) They dead-headed down to Eugene, spent the night, then spent Thursday shuttling fans back and forth to the Ducks football game. They spent the night in Salem last night, then drove home today. The Ducks lost to Arizona. :(

Allie helped me a little at work today - I just had a few things to finish from the week - then we went to the park. The weather this week has been surprisingly good! Sunny skies and warm temps. We saw H at the park and her daughter L is in Allie's class in preschool. The two of them played while H and I caught up, we hadn't seen each other in a while. About the time we got home, Chuck texted me to say he was almost back to the yard. Allie and I hopped back in the car and - after spending more than an hour in traffic, oh happy day! - we arrived at Starline. It was SO good to see him again! He was only gone for three days but I sure missed him.

Now for the next 7 days we have our Special Connections class, Special Olympics bowling practice, two birthdays and I'm hoping to attend a forum on aging for people with Ds. I'll write when I can!

1 comment:

Caz said...

I look forward to hearing from you when you can make some time. Lots of change - that will be all those full moons!