Saturday, September 9, 2023

Breakfast, Like Germany, and Swings

The kids arrived safely last week. Their seats were near the back of the plane and Adelaide spent a lot of the time watching the people go back and forth to the bathroom. She absolutely adores people! She cried for about 5 minutes of their 6 hour flight and was happy and content the rest of the time. A direct answer to prayer!
 


 We went to the park; went out for breakfast; drove up to Leavenworth, a Bavarian-style town up in the mountains east of us. We all spent most of our time just watching Adelaide. She's a character! Growing so fast, and learning so much. She can wave goodbye - she doesn't just move her hand, she actually moves her fingers up and down; she talks to anyone and everyone who will listen! She's absolutely adorable.
 

 
Yelling to the kids playing in the splash park

 
The scenery heading up to Leavenworth is just stunning. 
Well, some of us are captivated by it!
 



 
 
The girls tried to get some pictures but it's hard with an active 8 month old!



 
Me, Chuck, and our granddaughters
I love this picture more than I can say


 Back at home she found the bin with the winter hats and scarves
 
 
This was her first time on a plane and she did so well coming here and going home.


We played cards, took walks... it was SO good having them all here! They pulled out of the driveway on Wednesday and I went into the house and cried. I'm so grateful we get to see them for Christmas!

7 comments:

Terri D said...

That little girl is adorable!! What a great time you had. I love the photos and I'm happy they will be back for Christmas!

Jeanie said...

How fun to be all together again. That's one of the cutest babies of all time -- but I bet you knew that already!

Schotzy said...

You sound like me. Our only family, our one daughter’s family lives 7 states away. We see them probably 2 times a year sometimes 3. I cry coming and going I miss them soooo much. FaceTime is great, but just not the same! Your little one is such a sweet happy baby. They grow up fast. God bless you and your family!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh the precious memories you were able to make together. I know you cherish every moment of the time you spent together. They grow up so fast and soon they are teenagers, so make every moment count that you can. She is adorable! She looks like a very happy baby!! I know you are already counting down the days until Christmas!! Fun fun fun. (((hugs))) I remember how it felt to have to say good bye to a grandchild. We lived 1500 miles away from ours and only could be together maybe 2x a year. Now he is almost 24 yrs. old, and I don't know when we will be together again. Anyway, I am so happy you had this time. (((hugs))) again.

ellen b. said...

Adelaide is adorable! What fun to spend some days with her family, too. :)
I'll be scarce in bloggy land for most of the rest of September. Cheers!

Doris said...

How special for you, family time is such a treasure! I'm sure the time just flew. That's the sad part...pictures and memories are a good thing =)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

My heart hurts for you. I know that sorrow all too well. Watching the kids drive off and not knowing when you will be together again. If I know I am going to see them in X-number of months, I am okay. When my oldest daughter left in August, I knew we might see them again in January. And our plans to go to New Mexico to play in the snow are still on.

That baby girl could not be cuter. She is just a doll. I know what you mean about everyone just sitting around watching her antics. We do a lot of that around here, too, when the grandbabies visit. She looks wide-eyed and bright. I love all the photos but that one of you with both grandbabies is very special.

And Leavenworth is gorgeous!! Wow. What a fun place to visit.