Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Fall, Old Cars, Graduation Gift

 We woke up the other morning to this...
 

 
Today we have blue skies and it's gorgeous out but it's cooler than it has been. You know when 70 degrees in July is different than 70 degrees in September? I think it's time to put the comforter back on the bed.
 
I went to our local car show last weekend. I don't know a lot about cars, but I sure love lookin' at 'em! Especially the older ones.
 


 


 
Do you see the Queen waving from the hood?
 

 
My first car was a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang. My dad gave it to me for my graduation. I only had it for a couple of years but I sure got a lot of attention when I drove it around. Didn't know why at the time. Now I know! I sure wish I had taken better care of it.
 

 What was your first car? Did you have it for a while?
 

2 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh wow! You had quite the wonderful graduation gift! That was quite a cool car!! I bet you were the envy of a lot of guys!!Wow! I never had a car of my own. I drove my parents' car to the community college that was about 5 miles away. Then the next year I got married and my hubby had a '63 Dodge Dart. It was a stick shift, and I really had a hard time driving it since I am a lefty. So eventually we got an automatic Chevelle malibu. But it wasn't air conditioned and we moved back to Florida and we had to trade it for a station wagon because we started having kids! LOL. I love old classic cars. You saw some great ones! Yes, I saw the "queen". That was cool. And I love that your nights are getting cooler. We are still struggling with high humidity, but it is a tad cooler...little by little. Hope you have a wonderful Fall!!!

Doris said...

We took our kids to a car museum when they were young. It was fun looking at them but like you, I really don't know much about them! My dad was a mechanic so we drove whatever old thing he fixed up for us. Had several Comets and a Falcon.