Monday, July 31, 2023

Swollen Feet, New Shoes, Doctor's Appointment

We took Beth shoe shopping the other day. We've noticed her feet and ankles are swollen so we found some compression socks at DSW for $10! Chuck wears them too and his were a lot more than that! We only bought one pair. At that low price we weren't sure how good they would be. While we were there we decided to get her some new shoes. 
 
For many years she would say she liked the shoes while we were in the store but she'd never wear them. She'd eventually tell us they hurt her feet. Sigh.
 
So I learned to have her walk all over the store before buying. Thankfully she's at an age now where she does tell me if they are comfortable or not. 
 



 
She loves the compression socks and wears them every day. I'm also seeing a difference in her feet and calves so I know they're working. Now we need to go get more. She has a doctor's appointment this evening and hopefully we'll find out why her legs are swelling.

Sorry this is short. we just got back from Iowa and I'm jet lagged! I'll write more later.

7 comments:

Terri D said...

Compression socks can make a huge difference!! I'm glad Beth found some and also some shoes that are comfortable. You need to rest!! Take care!! xo

Billie Jo said...

Good for Beth! I hate shoe shopping! Glad she found some she likes that are also comfy!

Jeanie said...

I hate show shopping and I shudder to say I've been in Beth's place before -- getting the shoes and hardly wearing them after a few time. Our athletic shoe store has a terrific return policy -- two months from purchase (and wear them as you would -- for sports, walking, etc.) and they'll take them back. I've never tested it but it makes sense.

My friend who visited wore compression socks on the plane, I noted. I hadn't thought of that but I think I'll pick up a pair just for future use and long trips. That was a great deal.

ellen b. said...

Well, that was timely. I just put compression socks in our *cart* because after our long day of flying and traveling my ankles were swollen. Glad she likes the socks.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

It's hard to shop for shoes for any of us! Nothing can be worse than uncomfortable shoes! I'm so glad these seem to be working for Beth, along with the socks. Glad you were able to take care of that. Hope the Dr. appt. was also helpful. Take care and God bless you all.

Doris said...

Shoe shopping can be so challenging. I get most of my shoes from DSW through on-line order since they don't carry many wide width shoes in the store. I just return if the order isn't to my liking. Hope the appointment can shed some light on the reason for the swelling.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hope it isn't anything serious causing Beth's feet and ankles to swell. Glad the compression socks are helping. That was a seriously great price. My cardiologist instructed me to wear compression stockings a couple of summers ago but it is just too hot!! I bought some and did wear them to sleep in some, and now my issues seem better. Hope Beth will have a similar experience.

She looks very pretty in her navy dress. Hope the shoes remain comfy for months and months to come.