Friday, July 7, 2023

Jello, Storm Troupers, Gratitude

We had a quiet Fourth. Chuck, Beth and I went to the parade, then came back here for ribs and caesar salad. I love to people watch so waiting for the parade to start is so relaxing to me!
 

The color guard, the veterans in their uniforms, and the group that carries signs of those who were lost in the last year, I get emotional every time. I'm so grateful to have been born in this country.
 

 Beth's favorite part is the Star wars characters. She was telling the strangers seated next to us about her hat. As she points to it she's telling them, "I wore my hat!" They were silent for a few seconds and then, "Oh yeah! That's really nice!" Then she points to the characters. She even yelled at them, "I wore my hat! My hat!!" She absolutely loves them!
 


  After lunch we had our traditional Fourth dessert - jello and whipped cream. we've made this since our girls were little. Our town didn't do fireworks this year so we watched them on TV. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!
 
 

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Looks like a great way to spend the 4th. That dessert is fun!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a fun day for you all. So glad you were able to go watch the parade. Sounds like it was a nice one. It was so hot and humid here, and the place where the parade was was so crowded, we decided to go back home. I wish I could've stayed, but there was no place to even park. I love that jello dish! That looks really good and refreshing!! What fun!

Terri D said...

We don't have a parade but we do have fireworks. I didn't go, but heard them!! I love your jello dessert!! What a great idea!! Happy weekend!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I feel like an utter failure as a mom, but I could never make Jell-o that would gel!! Ha!! My poor girls never had it as children. Yours looks scrumptious and very festive.

Love that sweet Beth's enthusiasm. She is so much fun. Good for her!

Billie Jo said...

A perfect Fourth of July! A parade, good food, festive jello, and fireworks! Yay!