Saturday, November 13, 2021

Pine Needles, Cozy, and Laughter

I hope you're all having a good weekend. We've got a break in the rain today so we've been cleaning pine needles - millions of pine needles! - off the roof, the storm drains, the driveway...

Almost done!

 

We went over to Diana and Peter's last night and played Chronology. We laughed so hard! Just over the most random things! Laughter really is a good medicine!

I'm home today. The first Saturday in many weeks that I'm not at work. It feels good to just be at home. The rain is supposed to begin again this evening and I plan to be on the couch with the fireplace going and eggnog in my Christmas mug. My house is still decorated for fall but come on, it's not too early for Christmas mugs is it?  😊

8 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

No, it's not too late for Christmas mugs...it's never too late ;0)
Pine needles are not fun to clean up, but I must say, your driveway looks wonderful!

Nothing better than laughter with family, sounds like you had a fun night!

Hope you enjoyed your day off, have a very blessed Sunday.

Hugs,
Barb

ellen b. said...

So glad you got this Saturday off. Enjoy that Christmas Mug with nog!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Happy for you to have a Saturday off. You deserve to relax on the couch with that Christmas mug full of eggnog and enjoy the fire in the fireplace. Here we have live oak tree leaves in our driveway, and they are very hard to keep up with. They aren't the pretty kind of leaves you can rake up and jump in. We try to mulch them with the mower and move them around to other places where we need the mulch in our dirt driveway to help keep back the erosion when it rains. Our lot slopes down toward the pond, and erosion is always a concern, especially with a dirt driveway (mostly sand). That's Florida living for you. I do love pine needles, and if I had some here I would rather have them in my driveway than the oak leaves. LOL. So send yours right over, okay? Ha Ha!!Have a blessed Sunday!

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day. I hope you are well.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rebecca Jo said...

I use Christmas mugs all year round :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That sounds like a lot of work! Enjoy your eggnog and movies. I had hoped to put up my tree last week but then I got a lung infection so hopefully we will set it up on Saturday and I can start decorating it!

Jeanie said...

I can relate. Up north is loads of pine needles -- I rake in the beginning of summer and in fall before we close. Never ending. ut I do love the pines!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I love snow and use a winter mug all year round. So break out those Christmas mugs, my friend.

Your new header graphic is so pretty. Look at Beth. So beautiful. So grownup. Love the garland, Beth's grand dress, the fabric swaths on the side bars of your blog page.

Hope you have some more quiet Saturdays at home. Have never heard of Chronology but love to laugh. Going to look into it!!