Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Relaxing, QR Codes, and It Was Inevitable

Not too much going on around here lately. I worked all weekend and had Monday off. Chuck and I did some yard work in the morning and then relaxed the rest of the day.

At work our Facility Director is on vacation plus 3 of the custodians were out of town this weekend. And wouldn't you know it, the elevator quit working. I went in on Saturday to call the tech, thankfully he got there pretty fast. The 1st floor coffee machine has been leaking so they decided to take it out to be repaired. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. These machines are pretty old and it's hard to find parts.


The pastors did a panel-type meeting so I set up all the stools for them, there were 14! And they wanted to be on the lower platform. I got them all on there but they sure were cozy! Next time I may try our big chairs and put them on the main platform.


I learned you can return your Amazon packages at Kohls so I gathered up my 4 or 5 items and walked up to the clerk. She asked me for the QR code, "I'm sorry, the what?" Yep, I'm that person! So she took the time to explain that I had to go on-line to get the code and then bring it back and show the code on my phone... ahh, okay. I turned around - with all my packages still in my arms - to see a long line of people waiting. Sigh. It sucks to get old.

After Prayer Meeting tonight I fixed myself some tea and sat out in the backyard until it got dark. There were so many different types of birds, I couldn't count all the different bird calls I heard! It was like being in an estuary!




 We live in a suburb, a beautiful location with forest areas all around. I love having a yard where we can sit and enjoy nature.

Where's your favorite place to relax?

Have you ever returned Amazon packages at Kohls?

What did you do over the Memorial Day weekend? 

10 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I feel your pain about the work at your church/place of work! The church where I used to work also had an elevator, and I was the person who had to make the calls, etc., when it needed repairs. Thankfully no one ever got stuck in it! I love that you have so many lovely birds around you and you can sit out and enjoy them. We also have lovely birds, and I love to watch them. Waiting on our baby bluebirds to leave the nest any day now. I've never tried to return Amazon pkgs. as I really don't order that much from them. And we don't have a Kohl's anywhere near us, so that would never work. I don't know what to do here if we had to make a return. That's one thing I hate about online shopping...returns. We had a great Memorial Day weekend...on Monday we had a church picnic. Our first gathering like that in over a year. It was a great success. Of course, our church is very small. We had 45 people come to the picnic, which was a great turnout. Very pleasant. Have a blessed week!!

Rebecca Jo said...

We have a local UPS store that is closer than Kohls that we can return Amazon packages & I'm forever dropping things off. I love Amazon makes it easy - & now you know about the code, you'll be a pro at it now too.

Terri D said...

I have only made one return to Amazon and I did it at Kohls. It went flawlessly. I got emails confirming everything. Very smart. Kohls also gave me a coupon for going there. I don't care for Kohls and don't shop there but it was a nice gesture. I did know about the QR code before I went but only because a friend had filled me in. I'm that person too!!

Jeanie said...

That's a busy time -- no holiday weekend for you! I've returned Amazon things to Whole Foods -- the process was very simple.

ellen b. said...

Your yard looks like a nice spot to enjoy some time. Birds are very active right now.

betty said...

You have such a pretty green yard :) (I live in a desert so I always enjoy looking at green).

I've returned Amazon packages to the UPS store. So convenient!! I just show the clerk at UPS my email that has that code on it, they scan it and give me a receipt and I'm good to go :)

Had a quiet Memorial Day weekend, which was nice :)

betty

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hello there... looks like you have a lot to do to help the pastors get ready for their meeting, you did a great job! And I love listening to the birds and the sounds of nature, it is such a blessing to enjoy their music! No practice, no rehearsals, just pure joy! Always enjoy your posts, and hearing about your adventures :) Many blessings to you Cindy!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, it's always something. The platform looks great. It is a nice advantage to return things to Kohl's. Thankfully the few times I went there was not a line. That sounds lovely listening to the birds.

R's Rue said...

Enjoy the birds.

kestrel said...

Yes, you do live in a beautiful area. I can see the tall tress at dusk or dawn? I have a backyard with a narrow stretch of forests where the birds come, so that's my fav spot to relax. I agree that when we are IT 'slow' it is frustrating. My first introduction to QR code was when I went on a walking trail with my friends and there were QR codes on every tree for more information. I just assumed there were there for the rangers. Opps! Dropping in from Malaysia