Monday, July 3, 2017

Twenty Seven Miles With Honeybuns and Sugar Lips

After we got back from the ferry last week, we came back here and just hung out for a while. We could hear Beth and Nick down in her apartment laughing and singing.

I went down at about 3:30 and told them that I'd take Nick home at 4:30. When they both came up I could tell Beth wasn't planning to come with me, she was barefooted, her hair was a mess, she was gonna say goodbye on the porch and head back downstairs! Uh, sorry woman, but you're coming with us!

We get in the car and I'm expecting them to talk about their day, the time on the ferry, getting ice cream, but no. Not long after we pulled out of the driveway, I begin to hear name calling from the back seat:

"Hey sugar lips."
"Hey silly butt."

Then they both laughed!!

"Sexy lips!"
"Honey babe!"
"Sugar pie!"

More laughing! 

"You Honeybuns!"
"You a sweet lips!"

They were laughing so hard they could barely get the words out. Now I must tell you that Nick lives about 45 minutes away from us and they did this The. Entire. Way. According to Google Maps it's 27 miles. Twenty seven. Part way there they kinda started to get mean so I told 'em to stop, be nice.

It was quiet for about 60 seconds. Then:

"Sexy buns!"
"Honey buns!"

And tons of laughter!


1 comment:

Heather said...

What a sweet couple! Nick sounds like a keeper!!