Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nothin' Really, Except the Yard Sale

I had a great post a few days ago. As the situation was happening I was writing the post in my head. It was good, too! You really would have liked it!

But now, I can't remember it at all. I don't even remember what it was about.

It's been that kind of week.

Beth had a doctor's appointment on Monday, this time to see her doctor. She gets blood draws every couple of months, and every 6 months goes in to see the actual doctor. He said he thinks we've found the correct dosage for her thyroid medicine! So that means she won't have to have another blood draw for 6 months and he won't need to see her for a year! Yay!! She was excited to hear that!

Hmmm, that's all I can think of right now. I'm volunteering at a yard sale our church is having this weekend. I took these this morning before we officially opened. I spent more than 8 hours there yesterday, placing items and then pricing. The tarps are covering the furniture.




I spent hours out here trying to price every single item. I didn't get everything done but the heat was getting to me. So then I went inside...



 These pictures don't show the sides of the room with all the clothes, the furniture... there were a lot of volunteers pricing, but there weren't enough. People were overwhelmed and worn out. But, today after about 7 hours, they had sold literally thousands of dollars worth of stuff!!

So that's what I'll be doing this weekend. How about you?

1 comment:

Caz said...

It's good to hear from you. That sale looks like somewhere I could spend a while. I love old china and glass.