Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Short Break

We have an unusually busy couple of weeks coming up. For the first time in 53 years, our church is changing it's office hours. With more people accessing computers to buy tickets and get general information, our front office has less and less to do. So, beginning this week we will be closing on Fridays. Our receptionist will have her hours cut, like many of us have and we'll have to re-arrange our work schedules to accommodate the new hours. Last Friday the receptionist and I had a little party. (My desk is in the front office, right behind hers.) We had cake and flowers, just to celebrate Fridays and to mark the end of an era. 

On Tuesday Beth has a doctor's appointment with her endocrinologist. It'll be her first follow up after the radio-iodine treatment. The doctor will see if her thyroid is dead and then we'll decide what to do from here.

Tuesday night is prayer meeting. Wednesday is our home group...

This week our church will be praying and fasting. Friday we're having an all night prayer meeting. It'll begin at 9:00 PM and go until 6:00 AM when we'll have communion and breakfast together. During the night we'll pray for an hour, then take a short break. Then pray for an hour, etc. This world seems to be calling good things bad, and bad things good. The Body of Christ, God's children all over the world, need a wake up call (my church included!) to begin to seek the Lord and His will for our lives. We need to look to Him to know what is right and what is wrong. The Lord has made holy the institutions of marriage, family and human life but society is desecrating them. We need to get on our knees, humble ourselves and pray that God would heal our land. (Okay, off my soap box now.)

Next week our church is hosting a conference at one of the largest churches in the area (seats 5000) with Anne Graham Lotz, Billy Graham's daughter. We're volunteering and have attended a few meetings for this two day conference.
 
I feel I'm supposed to fast the computer this week. Between Facebook and playing Mahjong and blogging and Pinterest, I can spend literally hours on this thing. I feel I need to give this up and spend more time seeking the Lord. So that means I won't be posting again until next weekend. I'm going to really try to use my camera this week so maybe I'll have some pictures for you as well! :)

Have a great week. Catch ya on the flip side.

1 comment:

ckbrylliant said...

good for you, I have been contemplating the same regarding th computer. You are wise in your path to seeking right and wrong. Look to Jesus not the world (or heaven help us, not facebook!) Enjoy your all night prayer, praying for clarity for you.