Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Still Here - What We've Been Up To

Hi everyone,

It's been a while. Our family is in the process of healing and we're doing okay. We appreciate your continued prayers.

We've had a very busy summer. I turned 65 in June. The girls got me a record album... with songs from different decades of my life, and songs that remind them of me. It's amazing! I've been playing records since I was in the 5th grade, and now I have my own. 💖 I love it!


Chuck and I celebrated our 44th Anniversary in August. We walked onto the ferry and rode it from Edmonds to Kingston, and spent some time at the small park there. Then we rode it back again. It only takes an hour or so but it's a nice relaxing trip. 



Beth bought some new bowling shoes. The bowling alley she goes to every week has a little pro shop and she loves to go in there. The bowling ball she's had for a while is getting too heavy for her. She's getting older! Her elbow was getting sore so we went to the doctor and turns out she has tennis elbow, so now she's looking at getting a new one.



This summer I went to a dahlia show at our local nursery to get some pictures for my greeting cards. I have some small orange dahlias in the backyard but I had no idea there were so many varieties! 


 



We also went to San Diego for Chuck's 50th high school reunion. Here's a picture to give you an idea of the evening. Chuck is in the dark blue shirt.


I also got to see my sister again while we were down there. In fact, Beth stayed with her while we were at the reunion. They wanted nachos for dinner, then they played Yahtzee and watched TV. 



Plus I got to see a couple friends from high school. (Chuck and I went to different schools.) There are five of us that met our freshman year and we're still close today. They're the only two that stayed in San Diego though. It had been a few years since we'd seen each other but it was like no time had passed at all. The older we get the more we cherish these friendships.


Well, it's taken me four days to write this so I'll close and get it posted. We've got a busy October with two birthdays, and a vacation planned. 

How are you doing with fall here now? Can you believe it's October already?

No comments: