Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Soaking Wet, Flying, Got On and Off Just in Time

 Continuing our trip...
 
Our second day in Anaheim we went to California Adventure. Chuck, Beth and I had never been there before and as an old person, I liked it better than Disneyland. It's a smaller park, we actually walked the entire thing, plus there are a lot of places to sit in the shade and watch the adventures going on around you.
 
 
When we first got there the Incredicoaster was running the cars without people in them. We guessed something had happened earlier and they were testing it. Pretty soon, they were letting people on so Chuck and the kids climbed aboard. About 10 minutes after they got off, it stopped again. With people still in the cars! We heard they were stuck for about 45 minutes before cast members were able to get everyone off. Our kids got on and off at just the right time!
 
 
Some of us rode the Zephyr, the Ferris Wheel, Grizzly River Run... it was so much fun!
 
 
That's Ally and Sharaya waving at me. Beth is in front of them hanging on for dear life. Smiling, but hanging on!


 Thank goodness Peter knew to get into a stationary car! 

 

 And my favorite was Grizzle River Run. We got soaked which felt good after a day in the heat. (I took these pics afterward.)



 


 Then we did a little shopping before heading back to the condo.
 
 
Have you ever been to California Adventure? What did you think?

6 comments:

Susan said...

I am glad you had fun in California Adventure. I liked it more before they changed it to Pixar Pier. I live the water ride, especially on a hot summer day. We had passes for about 9 years. Things changed after Covid. We last went December 22 and we are going in October this year. You took great pictures and thanks for sharing!

Terri D said...

I've never been west of the Mississippi. But, I live right between Orlando and Tampa and have spent lots of time at all the theme parks with much younger grands. They are 34 and 27 now, so it's been a long time. No crazy rides for me anymore! It sure looks like you all had so much fun!!

Visits With Mary said...

I've never been there but it looks like so much fun!! We used to go to Six Flags over Texas, it was a great amusement park too. I enjoyed all the pictures♥

ellen b. said...

I haven't been to California Adventure to give it justice. Glad the timing for that ride was good for your family. I think I'd enjoy the Big D and California Adventure more in the winter. Glad y'all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! We love Disneyland!! California Adventure is definitely fun too but Disneyland just reminds me of my childhood so it’s my favorite.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

What grand fun and great memory making. I have never heard of California Adventure. Is it a Disney park? I like the idea of 'smaller' and shaded seating!! But having a ride breakdown would terrify me. Glad you guys didn't have any issues while you were on board. Aren't water rides the best? Always so pretty and refreshing, too.