Friday, August 11, 2023

Happy, Grumpy, Scary

Today Beth and I were at Bartell's Drug store and while we're waiting in line to check out this guy runs past us and down one of the aisles. Right behind him is a police officer telling him, "J, it's no use. There's no way out of here." Then in comes another officer. And another. By the time we got to our car, there were 5 police cars in the parking lot!
 
The other two cars were to the left of the one on the far left



More often nowadays there seems to be something else happening near us. Earlier this week there was a story on our news about four people shot and one murdered in our city. The only answer is Jesus! Only He can heal and restore and bring unity and reconciliation and peace.
 
  
And you guys, as I sat down to type this I began to hear sirens. Just a couple. Maybe two or three different vehicles. And now, 15 minutes later, they are still coming! I've seen multiple firetrucks, police cars, command units... they all seem to be headed near a park about a half mile behind our house. I've been out to the backyard to see if there's smoke, is something on fire... but there's nothing. We've lived here more than 20 years and I've never heard this many sirens! I'm actually shaking. Oh Lord protect the first responders and everyone involved in whatever's happening!
 
I just uploaded the picture of the police cars and now, three more sirens! And now another fire truck just went by...
 
Okay, on to other things.

Diana sent this picture of Adelaide the other day. She's definitely not a morning person!


Diana and I Facetimed today and Adelaide was crawling and rolling and pulling herself up to her knees with furniture... so active! And talking and yelling... and not quite 8 months old! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

Beth and I went to Joann Fabrics and DSW and Target earlier this week. Bought a lot of stuff like a new trash can for her kitchen; a new blanket for the bed in the den, more compression socks, a new lamp for work... just small stuff that we've been putting off buying. Then stopped at Chick-fil-A for dinner. It was a fun evening!

She can never pass up markers!




6 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Wow, that was scary! Glad you two are alright.

ellen b. said...

Romans 1 happening right before our eyes. You are right, the only answer is for Spiritual birth in Jesus Christ so that we can come out of the darkness into the light. And then we need God's armor utilized in our lives! Adelaide is sooo cute. Love her morning grumpy face!

Jeanie said...

Well, that's pretty creepy and scary. I hope it was nothing horribly serous.

Terri D said...

I live on a busy thoroughfare and there are always sirens and police cars/EMTs flying by. Not a day goes by and, like you, I always whisper a prayer. I love how much Beth enjoys shopping and especially buying markers! Chick-fil-A is the best!! Have a happy Sunday!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Goodnight nurse, these are crazy times we are living in. I have an Instagram account and there is one for The Real Fit Fam El Paso. Whoever is managing that account finds the darnedest things to photograph and video tape here in El Paso. Every day there are half a dozen cars on fire, or turned upside down or driving the wrong way on the interstate. Just craziness.

Beth and my granddaughters would get along great. They never met a marker they didn't like. Those girls have markers, crayons, colored pencils, paints - all the things. I love them, too!!

Cathy said...

I hope everything was okay. I'm like your daughter, it's hard to pass up markers or a good pen or colored pencil. lol Hope you have a great day.