Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Life After Christmas

 Beth and I did a little shopping recently. I had to return some things to Kohls (for work) so we wandered around there. They had a lot of Christmas stuff on clearance so we got a couple of shirts. She looked at overalls but decided not to buy any. She loves to wear the one pair she has but hasn't bought any more.
 
 
For years she did karaoke and art at All Aboard and then when covid hit in 2020 everything was closed. When they opened up they slowly began adding classes so she joined a dance class and a group for games. I think like board games and stuff. But they recently added karaoke back to the mix so she asked me if she could switch her days. She's now back to karaoke, art, and bowling during the week - her old schedule is back. I think she's very relieved!
 
Now that the holidays are over we're trying to make better choices at the grocery store. I bought a big veggie tray and we'll see how much we can eat before it all spoils. We're so bad when it comes to eating our vegetables.
 

I think I mentioned that Peter's family came out from New Jersey for Christmas and birthdays. Well, we took them down to the waterfront and out on the Edmond's pier. We have such a good time when we're with them!
 


 Both Diana and Peter have birthdays right after Christmas so we went over to their house for cake, pie, and gifts. Can you guess which is which - who the cake was for vs the pie? 😄
 
 

And then this precious baby. I will probably be showing pictures of Adelaide for a while.



 This is her Christmas picture. Look at that face!
Being a grand parent IS. THE. BEST!!

6 comments:

Barb said...

I love that Beth is getting back on her schedule...we should all do that! More veggies is always good, but it's always hard as well. I really find I eat more veggies if they are raw, so kudos on the veggie tray. Adalaide is absolutely adorable, what a sweet little smile. I agree, being a grandma is the best! Have a great rest of the week! Hugs

Terri D said...

Adelaide is adorable!! Precious!! Share all the pictures you can! I'm happy for Beth to have her old schedule back!! Hooray for her! Happy new year!

ellen b. said...

Adelaide is just precious! Hope the karaoke works out well. That cake is pretty!

16 blessings'mom said...

Adelaide is so sweet, congratulations! It's nice Beth keeps so busy, too. There was SO much downtime during Covid, glad things are better now.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such wonderful pictures...all of them...from your sweet girl Beth and all the way to the adorable grandbaby Adelaide. And so happy for Beth to have a schedule that she enjoys! That's wonderful! Yes, that cake is so pretty...so I assume that was for your daughter and the pie for her hubby. If it were me, I prefer pie to cake! LOL. But I do love a pretty cake!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful that her schedule is back. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. Adelaide is so precious and yes, being a grandparent is the best. God knew what he was doing!