Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Where Was I?

Look at me sitting at my computer writing to all of you! It's a Christmas miracle! Things haven't slowed down one bit since I last wrote, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel.
 
So, where was I? Oh yeah, "Then the snow hit."
 
I know weather is relative. A day of rain is a deluge to some and barely noticeable to others. Two inches of snow is armageddon to some and t-shirt weather to others. On Tuesday the 28th we got the first snowfall of the season and church was canceled, city busses were put on snow routes and schools shut down.
 
 

 I know some of you are trying not to laugh. And I appreciate it. Tuesday night our power went out and was out for almost 24 hours. I was so grateful for my tea kettle! Peter bought it for me for Christmas last year because our power had gone out earlier and I couldn't use my electric kettle. Hot tea is good any time of year but it's crucial during a power outage! Diana invited us over to her house on Wednesday so we hung out there for a while. It was warm and toasty!
 
 
Diana and Peter's dog Poppy

 
Eventually the temps rose above freezing, the snow melted and we were all back at work by Thursday. Decorating day for us. The entire staff spends the morning decorating the church, it's fun. Then we all eat pizza and head back to our desks.



 



 Plus I've had a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment - all routine stuff. I've got my Christmas cards almost done; I'm getting some gifts ready for the custodians, havng Christmas dinner this week with a friend in assisted living... but all-in-all I think things are beginning to slow down. 
 
Peter's family is coming out here for Christmas this year so the gift-giving is a little different. We've actually decided to only buy gifts for the kids. No adult exchange this year, which I'm okay with. Takes the pressure off. Chuck, Beth and I will exchange gifts Christmas morning, then we're all going over to D&P's for dinner and games. We haven't seen his family since the wedding a year ago September so I'm really looking forward to that.
 
Dinner is about ready so I'll close this. I miss you all! I haven't been reading - or writing - it seems for a couple weeks. I'm taking a week off over Christmas so I hope to do a little more blogging during that time. I hope you're all doing well! God bless!

6 comments:

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

LIFE, huh? It has been crazy at our house, too. Plus we've been sick. But I am beginning to feel better and could almost laugh today at the craziness that befell us with a delivery from Lowe's this morning. Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying (again).

The church looks lovely. Well done. Hope you enjoyed dinner at the retirement home with your friend there. I keep saying I am going to get back to blogging and then LIFE. Hoping we can both get back to visiting online with each other and our friends with the coming of 2023.

Jeanie said...

You've been a busy person. I like the idea of buying only for the kids. I remember when I was a kid, our family drawing names for the adults, so it was one gift instead of so many. And really, it was the get together that mattered. Merriest!

Latane Barton said...

The decorations at the church are so beautiful. Great job, everyone.

Terri D said...

Your church's decorations are beautiful. Y'all did a great job!! It is a busy, busy time. Glad you have a week off so you can slow down and enjoy!! xo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have certainly been busy. So sorry your power went out, that is always a pain in the neck. Hope you and you family have a Merry Christmas. Enjoyed seeing your photos.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

have a wonderful Christmas with your family. The snow was pretty, but I am sure you were happy to get back to a normal routine...and the power back on!! Yeah, that's tough when it is so cold!! Wow. That tea kettle got a work out, I'll bet! A gas stove does have its advantages. Merry Christmas! Oh, your church looks beautiful!!!