Monday, July 25, 2022

MRI

 I’m writing this at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Chuck is trying one more time to have an MRI of his head. He’s had several since 2020 but the last couple of times he’s had so much anxiety with them. Feeling squished and claustrophobic. He hyperventilates… They haven’t had a successful test in over a year. The CT Scan showed no cancer but the oncologist really wants him to have an MRI.

If you knew Chuck you’d know he is one of the most laid back people on the planet. I often fight the thought process of: “He doesn’t care about a thing! He doesn’t care that the lawn needs to be mowed or that the carpet is dirty, he doesn’t care about anything! Now Cindy you know that’s not true. He cares about you, the family, our home. He cares.” 

Am I the only one that has a thought process like this? 

Anyway, the fact that he has so much anxiety about these tests makes me concerned. It makes me… pray harder! 

9 comments:

Susan said...

I know it is not fun to go that tube. I pray the whole time I am in there.

Cathy said...

The first MRI I had was a breeze and I kept falling asleep. Years later when I was fighting cancer, I had one and had a panic attack and they had to take me out of the machine. So when I had to have a 3rd one, I was terrified. The doctor gave me a nerve pill that I took before I went in and I think that helped. But more than that I asked my church to pray for me and told them how scared I was. They prayed and that made all the difference and I had not problem at all. Praying for your husband. I know first hand, God can remove that fear.

Rebecca Jo said...

I have to get myself in a mindset to get a MRI too - its very overwhelming.
Can they do an Open MRI for him? Or sedate him?
Praying for good news!

Mevely317 said...

Back in 2013 my hubby had a panic attack during his MRI. They were so nice and assured us that's not uncommon. Just the same, they prescribed Valium and that worked. Lifting my prayers for both of you!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Praying for him and with you. God is able to get him through this. I know I don't like them either, but I usually spend the time praying and/or singing to myself favorite hymns (without moving, of course!) And I close my eyes for sure. Praying all is well.

Jeanie said...

Is the Open MRI available in your area or covered by your insurance? It might be much easier. Can't relieve the agony of worry but it can relieve the agony of being in the tube. Google it.

Billie Jo said...

Oh, I am so sorry! My husband is the same. He is Superman! But an MRI is impossible for him. Prayers for your man, my friend!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ I have never had an MRI and I hope I never have to have one. Like, Chuck, I think I would hyperventilate. I will pray for a positive outcome and that Chuck won't have any issues as he moves forward. Hugs, Barb

ellen b. said...

Praying he can get a successful MRI. Hard stuff.