Saturday, January 15, 2022

Off to a Good Start

There doesn't seem to be a lot happening around here right now. That's what I was feeling when I sat down to write this. But then I got to thinking about it...

Sharaya's roommate recently got married and moved out of the house they had rented. Then the owner decided to sell it. I don't know how it is where you live but here in the Seattle area rents are expensive! They're so high that renting a one-bedroom apartment costs more than the mortgage payment on our house! So Sharaya and Ally moved in here so she can continue to save up for a house. Sharaya and I were watching TV last night and it just felt so good having them here. You guys know, your kids grow up, move out and start their own lives (as it should be, that's what you hope for!) but it's hard! You miss them and wonder about them - a lot - and so I'm glad they're here for a while. They made us pancakes for dinner the other night. And, I'm a cat person so I've loved having Moxie and Maya around. 




 

Chuck developed a new spot on the top of his head (I never noticed it actually) and at his appointment with the dermatologist last week he decided to do a biopsy on it. They said it was precancerous. But it's been removed and all is well. (I'm having a hard time being convinced.) This means his body is still making cancer, right? Deep breath. I've been told that once you have cancer it never really goes away. There's always a possibility it can come back, so I just have to trust that the Lord will take care of him. For today though, this was caught and removed. I am thankful for that!

In fact, Chuck is in Denver this weekend helping his sister. She's the one who had the stroke 20+ years ago and is paralyzed on her right side so he's gone to help change light bulbs, clean out a bedroom, and sort through part of the garage. He said they spent the first day just talking. His siblings have never been very close so I'm glad they're getting to spend some time together.  

Diana and Peter got a puppy! Her name is Poppy and she's a Great Pyrenees / German Shepherd / Bernese mix. She's SO cute! Can't wait to meet her!


So, I guess there was more than I thought. The good news is I've been at peace about so many things that I don't feel stressed. The Lord has been impressing upon me lately that He is my Rock. My sure and solid foundation in this ever-changing, crazy world. And that's made all the difference.

I pray you are well and that 2022 is off to a good start for you! 

8 comments:

Doris said...

I don't get around to commenting very often but I certainly do enjoy your blog! You certainly do have some things going on...our kids are a blessing and I'm so glad you can provide home for a time once again. Rent is so expensive! My sister is doing the same for a granddaughter and her family, and one of my daughters is living in a garage apartment at her soon to be hubby's grandfather's home. Blessings to you!
(And I'm a cat person too but cats are out here due to allergies)

Regina said...

I'm glad that spot has been removed. I worry sometimes that the cancer may return my youngest daughter had at 11. She's 21, but I know God is in control. Those cats are so cute! I'm a cat person too and we just love our cat Kirstie, though she actually belongs to our youngest daughter.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I am so glad your girls are with you for a while! It is nice having them home, no matter how old they are. Hugs and love for peace in your heart concerning your dear hubby. It is hard to keep those "What Ifs" away. But you are right. God is in control!

Jeanie said...

Sometimes not a lot happening is a very good thing! I'm grateful you spotted the issue with Chuck's head early and it has been removed. It all sounds very good!

Terri D said...

It is so nice that you have the kids home again! Rents are crazy high here in Florida, too. I don't know how the younger folks can do it without help. The puppy is so cute and I love how the cats are sitting together at the window. Mine don't like each other that much! I wish you a great week ahead!

ellen b. said...

It's good to rest in the peace that God promises. It's nice that your daughter and granddaughter have a place to come and be able to save up money for a home. Glad that spot was caught and dealt with.

Susan said...

Hi Cindy, That is nice that your family can be with you. We have helped our kids out too. That dog is so cute! yes the Lord is our rock and peace for sure!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

Looks like life is going to get even more exciting at your house! I've had children live with us off and on for the last 20 years...I miss those days! Plus a bonus puppy, how exciting! Glad that Chuck is doing well, it's always a worry, and sometimes hard to trust the doctors. It's good thing we can always trust in the Lord. Have a wonderful week!