Saturday, July 24, 2021

Nice and Quiet

Not much happening this weekend. We've spent today doing chores around the house and watching the Olympics. My favorite sports are swimming and gymnastics. I could watch those all day! 

The extreme heat we had a few weeks ago really did a number on my hydrangeas. I went out and cut back a lot of the dead, dry flowers (you should always cut those so the plant doesn't spend it's energy on them, correct?) That night on the news Seattle gardening guru Ciscoe Morris tells us not to cut them off! Oh well. I did get a few nice flowers this year.

 

Chuck and I went out to eat last night. We've decided we've got to try to have more date nights. He worked nights for a year and even though it was during covid, we just stopped going out. Even just to go sit in the car somewhere. We're going to try to change that. Chuck has been craving ribs lately so we went to Moonshine BBQ. It's a sports bar and grill and their BBQ is so good! Plus it was nice to just sit and talk.

 

That's about it. It's been a nice, relaxing weekend. Just what I've needed.

Are you watching the Olympics? Do you have a favorite sport?

10 comments:

Terri D said...

I haven't watched any of the Olympics yet. I enjoy gymnastics and diving. I will also try to catch some of the equestrian events. I like winter sports more but do appreciate what the Olympics stand for. Glad you are getting out with your sweetie! Happy weekend! xo

betty said...

Sounds like a yummy place to go for your date night! I'm not watching the Olympics this year. When sports became political, I kind of gave them up. But I agree, I did like watching swimming and the gymnastics. I didn't like the boxing or wrestling or weight lifting.

betty

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ Oh my goodness, those Hydrangeas are gorgeous!! You will have some gorgeous flowers to dry this fall...wow!
Ribs are our favorites too, and they're even better when someone else cooks them and cleans up the mess...but better yet, when you are with your sweetheart, so glad you had a date night!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh wow! Such beautiful hydrangeas! I've not had good luck in growing them...just too hot here I guess, but I love them so much. Oh, that BBQ place sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy. Haven't watched any of the Olympics yet, I guess I just haven't even thought about it, so thank you for reminding me. Have a blessed and wonderful day.

ellen b. said...

Glad you are having a relaxing weekend. We've eaten at Moonshine way back when they were the new place on the block. Glad you could have a date!

The Style Fanatic said...

It's so nice to hear you had a relaxing weekend, my favorite sport is gymnastics.

Bernie,
The Style Fanatic

Rebecca Jo said...

That's so sweet - you should have more date nights!
Of course, I'm all about the tennis - & I do love watching the gymnastics. Amazing what they do with their bodies!

R's Rue said...

I’m looking forward to watching the table tennis and gymnastics. Yay for more date nights and BBQ. Happy Monday my friend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

We don't have a TV at the lake, so no Olympics for us!

It sounds like a good weekend. Here's to more date nights!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My husband always cuts off dead flowers. Oh well! Yours look beautiful. I like watching the gymnastics too. I agree, more date nights is a great idea.