Monday, July 27, 2020

Not A Whole Lot

I was looking through the pictures on my phone and realized there hasn't been a whole lot going on around here since my sister left. It's been kinda nice, although I've had to convince myself that it's okay sometimes to just sit and relax. Read a book. Watch TV. I tend to feel so guilty because I'm not accomplishing something. 

But it's okay. It's okay.

We took another walk this week on the Interurban trail. We park the car, then walk a mile or two until we find another good place to park, then we walk back to the car. The next time we park at the good place we found and continue walking where we left off. I was telling Chuck how much I'm enjoying it because we set to see a part of the city that you can't see cruising by on the freeway.

When I took this picture the freeway was on our left and a huge shopping mall was on the right. We've shopped at the mall and driven by this so many times and never knew the trail was here!



By the time we reached this point the freeway was on our left. (The trail ended at one point so we actually drove part of the way, down a main road, across the freeway... got out and continued walking.) 


We came across these gorgeous flowers, I'd never seen them before. If you could open the yellow petals all the way they'd be bigger than your hand! Do you know what they are?




Chuck and I went down to the beach the other night. Well, it's not an actual beach like San Diego or New Jersey, but it's more of a marina / breakwater / sitting area. But we call it the beach. It's calming. And peaceful. 


  
So... that's about it. Sunsets and flowers. It's been a quiet, relaxing week and I've enjoyed every minute of it!

7 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like a lovely place to walk, and that Sunset is gorgeous over the water. Don't know what kind of yellow flowers those are, but there are very pretty. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Christina said...

These are the flowers you found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oenothera_glazioviana.
Walking is really great!

Susan said...

Those yellow flowers are pretty. That is a great sunset picture! We are suppose to go to the Laguna beach(Orange Country) on Friday since it will be over a 100 here. I like Coronado, Pacific and La Jolla beaches in San Diego.

Terri D said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! I have no idea what that yellow flower is but it is lovely. I hope someone knows what it is. That looks like a great trail to walk!
Enjoy the rest of your quieter week!

ellen b. said...

Good for you for getting out to walk! It's nice to have that trail.

Jeanie said...

Your walk sounds nice and so does your beach sunset. Very beautiful. I wish I knew what those flowers were. They're pretty.

Rebecca Jo said...

Those flowers are incredible!!!!
I wish it was cooler so I could get out to walk more!