Saturday, September 22, 2018

San Diego Part 2

On Sunday we all went to the church where Chuck and I met, married and started our family. They recently merged with another congregation and remodeled a lot of the building but so much of it was still the same. 

Being there brought back so many memories and there were actually still quite a few people attending there that we knew back in the 80's! We had a good time reconnecting with so many old friends.



I kept forgetting to have someone take a family photo so we kept taking selfies. 😏 


After church we stopped for some lunch then headed to La Jolla Shores! One of our favorite places in all of San Diego. We love the beach and we absolutely love jumping the waves!! This is a picture I took back in 2000 maybe? Chuck and Sharaya. I was brave and took my camera into the ocean!

   
I wasn't that brave this time but we jumped waves for a long time. We came out tired but oh so happy!! Most of 'The Cousins' came and hung out with us, we ended up being at the beach for more than 5 hours. We could have stayed longer but we needed to get back and see my dad and sister again.



Some kids who weren't with us started building this huge mountain and mote and all our kids joined in to help them.


I caught Beth taking a selfie to send to her boyfriend!




Almost all of The Cousins and their kids



There was a church group there doing water baptisms! 
How cool is that?!






We had such a great time! I'm glad we got to stay there a while cause I really needed a beach 'fix'!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy!

What a fun trip!! I loved your photos, and how special to visit the church where you met...a perfect vacation.

I love the photo of jumping waves, talk about perfect timing...I loved it, the colors are amazing!

Isn't it fun to reconnect with old friends!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Rebecca Jo said...

HAHA - Love Beth taking her selfie for her boyfriend.
I love you all got to witness the water baptisms. That is one unforgettable way to do it!