Friday, September 22, 2017

Can Root Beer Teach A Lesson?

Beth was at work tonight and sent me a text saying, "I am not doing good today at work mothera." I wasn't exactly sure what she meant so I asked her if she felt sick. "Is just my tummy hurts and I feel warm."

Oh my. I told her to tell a co-worker, find someplace to sit down and I'd be there soon. It took me about 20 minutes to get there and she was fine by the time I arrived. Apparently she was drinking root beer and it gave her a stomach ache. The manager gave her some bottled water and she almost immediately felt better. So she finished her work and was ready to go when I arrived.

I used this situation to encourage her (again) to stop drinking soda. I told her her body was telling her to stop drinking it. We'll see if it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharaya, Allie and Diana are in Southern California this week. they spent a few days at Disneyland, then went down to visit my dad and all the family. I've loved seeing all the pictures on Facebook and Instagram! Makes me feel like I've gone along with them. What did we do before social media? 


Work is still crazy busy but should calm down soon... My sister will be visiting in a few weeks... Two birthdays are right around the corner! I hope you've had a great week!

3 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I'm so glad that Beth felt better. I love that she calls you "Mothera." Too cute. Great pic of the girls at Disney.

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

Soda really can make some people so sick...I'm so sorry that, Beth had to learn that hard lesson. I used to drink a lot of diet soda, but have finally been able to limit my soda to less than two or three a week.

I love, Disney Land! What a darling photo, it looks like your girls are having fun, it must be a great time of year to visit, California!

Enjoy your week-end!

Hugs,
Barb

Rebecca Jo said...

I really dont know what we did before social media. It's so nice to make the world smaller.

I havent drank root beer in so long, it'd probably make me sick too.