Thursday, December 22, 2016

That Time When Beth Was Baby Jesus

When Beth was born, she was the only person in our entire church of about 800 who had Down Syndrome. 

She was born in October and for Christmas that year our church decided to do a live nativity in our community. 

And they asked Chuck and I to be Mary and Joseph and for Beth to be baby Jesus!

Even though we were in balmy San Diego, we brought lots of blankets, a few bottles and some toys but for the most part she just slept.

This is an article that ran in our local paper.
 

It's been 31 years and I vaguely remember doing it more than one night but I can't remember if there were any live animals. Every year I look back and remember how much fun we had! I think Chuck really looks the part! 

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

What a fun memory to look back on