Saturday, March 30, 2013

Levothyroxine

This is the way I pronounce it: Leave - oh - thigh - rocks - een.

This is the new medicine Beth is on for thyroid replacement. It's supposed to help raise her metabolism and I'm very grateful. We went to the walk in clinic on Monday for a blood draw, then they test it, send it to her doctor and based on the results, he decides what action to take. He called us on Tuesday. Wow. Her levels are dropping, which is what they expected so they called in a prescription and she began taking it this week.

After her blood draw we went to get some frozen yogurt and it was like she was moving in slow motion. Beth lives at a slow pace anyway but this was even more so. I was a little concerned at how slow she moved the spoon to her mouth, then back to the cup. It was just really strange. I'm hoping it was due to the lack of thyroid hormone and that this medication is going to help. She hasn't gained any weight in the last 3 weeks! She hasn't lost any either, but we're excited that she hasn't gained.

Seattle's having gorgeous weather so we'll probably be outside the next couple of days. The weathermen say we haven't had weather this nice in almost 6 months! Yea Spring!!

I hope you all have blessed Easter. I'm so grateful for my Savior and His death on the cross. He loves us so much...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am hope the new medicine helps her.
She is a beauty and I am so glad she has you for a Mom.