Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Little Nervous

I find I have to write a post before I start reading your blogs. Otherwise I find myself still sitting here hours later and not word is written. I love reading your blogs, hearing about life at your house.


We talked to Beth about the thyroid procedure. I tried to put it in a way that she would understand but I probably shouldn't have said they were going to "kill your thyroid." I explained that she would take some medicine that would kill her thyroid, then she'd have to be quarantined and explained what that meant. We could bring her some dinner but we couldn't use the same bathroom that she used. She wouldn't be able to go to her bowling league or to art class. But it was only for 3 days and then she could go out again and eat with us again and everything would go back to normal.

I asked her if she had any questions.

"No."

Hmmm. I asked if she was sure and she said yes.

I came back upstairs and a couple hours later she came up. She peeked her head around the corner and asked, "Is it gonna hurt?"

I told her I didn't know. I said I didn't think it would hurt but we could ask the doctor when we make the appointment.

A couple days later I was at work and Diana was home. Beth came out to the kitchen and told Diana, "They're gonna kill my thyroid! I don't wanna die!"

Diana assured her she wouldn't die, then I talked with her again when I got home. This time I said the medicine would make her thyroid stop working.

Yea, I think she's a little nervous. 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh no. No killing, please ;)

Becca said...

Oops...

Poor Beth!! Hope she understands it better now. It'll be a loooooong 3 days, but well worth it, I'm sure. (((hugs)))

JC said...

Even I'd be a little nervous! Hope it all goes well.