Friday, April 2, 2021

We'd Been Waiting Since November!

Some of you had asked what Beth was drinking in my Frightening Part post. She doesn't like coffee so when we go to Starbucks she'll either get a hot chocolate or a Strawberry Frappuccino. It's just ice, milk and strawberries. No coffee, more like a shake. I think some frappuccinos have coffee in them but not the strawberry one. I'm not a coffee drinker either so these are a good alternative. They're SO good!

Last Saturday Ally and I went to The Museum of Flight just south of Seattle. We were supposed to go back in November but they closed down just 2 days before our scheduled day due to an uptick in covid cases. So we were so excited on the drive down! I've always wanted to see the inside of an air traffic control tower and I didn't know there was one that you could go into there! Ally was so anxious to show it to me! We got inside, they took our temp, we got our wrist bands, made our way up the stairs... and it was closed. Due to covid I guess, too small of a room? I don't know. We were so bummed. There was one area of the museum that had a full sized 747 in it, a Concorde, Air Force One... so many amazing planes but somehow we ended up missing it. We never did see them so I told her we'll just have to come back!

We did see the Great Gallery, the Space Gallery, the WWII area and of course bought a few things in the gift shop! 

She's looking at a model of an aircraft carrier

This is the Great Gallery

There are so many planes you can't get them all in one shot. These are actual, full-sized planes. This room is huge.



 We walked across the sky bridge to the Space Gallery

Here we're standing in the open cargo bay of a Space Shuttle


 

I think the Space Gallery was our favorite part! 

I do love hanging out with this girl!



5 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a great outing with your sweet grand-girl. Too bad about the things that you didn't get to see, but that gives you another reason to go back sometime. Looks very interesting!

ellen b. said...

Glad you could finally have this special outing and that you both enjoyed it!

Terri D said...

That sure sounds like a fun excursion! Yes, you will have to go again!! Keep us posted!

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you were able to get back to the museum together -- it looks like such a fun day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a wonderful time you had. So glad you could do that with her.