Sunday, October 20, 2019

Suddenly...

We got home on Tuesday and Chuck had a doctor appointment on Wednesday. Plus we did laundry, sorted through 2 weeks worth of mail...

Thursday at work was packed with people filing by my desk telling me all the things that didn't get done while I was gone. All the things the custodians missed or just didn't bother doing. 

I forgot to order dinner napkins before I left and we just about ran out! Thankfully there was a case reserved for our Thanksgiving event so we used those this weekend and I'll be able to order more tomorrow.

Our main coffee maker broke Thursday night and we came to work to find the floor flooded. I called the company and the repair guy didn't see the request so he showed up on Friday, just 3 hours before a huge event!



Thankfully he was able to fix it. Or so we thought. We were able to use the coffee maker Friday night but the floor was flooded again when we came in Saturday morning. 

Saturday afternoon we had a large memorial. 
Sunday morning we had a huge Missions Lunch. 

We spent this weekend making coffee downstairs, putting the large cambros on carts, wheeling them into the elevator and bringing them into the Commons. (That's the room where we have our biggest events. The broken coffee maker is just feet from the Commons.) 

And there were a hundred other little things that happened that could turn into major issues if not taken care of. Sigh.

Also on Friday Chuck had an endoscopy. He was put completely out and they put a probe down his throat to check his esophagus, stomach and small intestine. I can't remember if I've mentioned it on here but he's preparing to have weight loss surgery. We've spent the last 3-4 months seeing surgeons and nutritionists and fitness experts... We'll find out the results of the endoscopy on Monday.

  
While we were on vacation Beth and Sharaya both had birthdays! Beth is two years older but their birthdays are just 4 days apart. The cousins surprised Sharaya when they all went out one night but we decided to wait until we got home to celebrate them.

Surprising Sharaya in San Diego




The girl cousins


Today the 5 of us (Me, Chuck, Beth, Sharaya and Allie) went out to The Olive Garden for lunch and we gave them both a small gift. Beth is now 35 and Sharaya is 33. Oh my word.



 
 I suddenly feel very old.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my, there is nothing like your adult child's birthday to make you feel suddenly old. lol (My son turned 33 this month.)

Yikes! I bet that coffee machine gave you some moments of real panic with its timing. I'm glad you were able to pull things off.

Have a blessed week!

Rebecca Jo said...

Man, you've had to be on your toes lately, huh???
I didnt know he was getting weight loss surgery - gastric bypass? My neighbor got it - he's about 30 years old - & has tried EVERYTHING to lose weight - it was a struggle at first adjusting to the shrunken size of the stomach, but man, he's looking & feeling GREAT now!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The photos of the girls is so cute. Happy Birthday to both of them.
Wow, you have been so busy. I can't believe all that happened while you were gone. I'm overwhelmed right now just reading this post. Wishing all the best to Chuck and I will pray for him.

ellen b. said...

Makes me think of the saying..."while the boss is away, the cats will play" or something like that. Not a good time for that coffee pot to go caput! Looks like some fun birthday celebrations. I can't believe we have a 40 year old!!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy!

Wow, you have had a crazy...month!! It always seems like things break down when you are gone, that's just the way things go, Murphy's Law...:0( But it sounds like you handled it like a pro!

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughters!! And congrats to Chuck for taking that giant step, it takes a lot of courage! You will all be in my prayers.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Cathy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy Birthday to your girls! Wow I couldn't imagine handling all those events!