Sunday, December 27, 2015

Twenty Five Years Ago

December of 1990 was quite a month for our family.

Seattle had a major snow storm. More snow than we usually see around here.
Chuck and I had purchased our first home and moved in on December 18th.
My dad had flown up from San Diego to be here for Christmas.
My sister was arriving just after Christmas.
And I was 9 months pregnant.

My two previous pregnancies had ended in c-sections so my doctor asked us what date we would like to have this baby. Our choice! But it had to be between December 23 and January 3. No matter what date we chose, this baby was going to be born around the holidays.

Chuck's mom's birthday is December 27 and she was turning 60 that year. What a blessing it would be for her granddaughter to be born on her birthday!

The morning of December 27th was cold. There was quite a bit of snow outside and due to some insurance changes, my doctor's office was about 45 minutes from our house. On a dry day.

My dad stayed with the girls and Chuck drove me to the hospital. I wasn't in labor yet so there was no pain at all. Just a couple hours after we arrived, she was born! I was in the hospital for 4 days, typical back then. I remember Chuck bringing my dad and the girls to the hospital to see us.

Diana has brought us joy and laughter and tears and smiles. She has a brilliant mind and a huge sense of adventure! She doesn't like to just sit around at home, she wants to go out and experience all the world has to offer. She goes out of her way for her friends and is faithful long after others have given up. She's disciplined. And hard working. And funny.

I love you Diana! I hope you have a great day and that you know just how much you're loved.

Happy Birthday!

 




  


In London



On a trail here in Edmonds

 

No comments: