Saturday, August 22, 2015

Biopsy

We took Beth to the doctor to get a biopsy for the bump on the top of her head. They really did take a piece out it, leaving a hole right in the middle of it! It bled a little so the doctor put some silver on it. 

First they put on some gauze tape to help keep her hair out of the way



 You can tell by the look on the MA's face, it wasn't pleasant!
But Beth never flinched. It didn't faze her at all.



 Then the band aid and we were on our way.



It only took a few minutes and I think the hardest part for Beth was when they removed the tape. I helped her wash her hair that night because I wasn't sure if she should get it wet. But she slept fine and never once complained that her head hurt or anything. I had asked Chuck to come with us for support and told him part way through that I realized he was only there for me! I could have dropped Beth off and she would have been fine! This girl deals with medical procedures SO much better than I do.

And now we wait for the results.

2 comments:

Caz said...

Well done Beth, and you! That sounds really unpleasant. Hope you get answers and reassurance soon.

Anna Theurer said...

Brave girl! I am praying that you get some answers soon