Saturday, June 7, 2014

MOF

On Thursday night we all went to the Museum of Flight. I've been looking forward to this for weeks! I'm fascinated by airplanes so to be able to see them up close was so exciting!

When I told Beth we'd be able to go inside some of them, she was a little worried. The last time her and Diana were on a plane, they were flying from Colorado to Seattle and Beth was more then scared. She's been afraid of heights for the last 10 years or so and the last time on a place really frightened her. So I assured her that the planes were not taking off. She smiled, "Oh!"

Allie on the other hand was disappointed they weren't actually going anywhere! She's been on a plane and loves to fly!

We've never been there before and I was afraid we wouldn't be able to see everything so I just kind of skimmed through it all. After 2 1/2 hours, we still didn't see it all! It was just amazing! The huge variety of planes, the immense size of some of them, the history.

We got to go into the very first Air Force One. The same plane that President Johnson was on when he was inaugurated after Kennedy was assassinated; we got to get up close and personal with a 747; Allie got to sit in the cockpit of a fighter jet... there was so much to see and do! We definitely plan to go again soon!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There was a simulation of the jet engine so she covered her ears. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We went into the WWII exhibit and Beth and I found ourselves sitting directly under the wing of a plane.
 
 
 
 
I told her about how my mom had always wanted to be a pilot and even took ROTC in high school. Her parents wouldn't let her though and she never realized her dream.
 
 
 
 
There really were a LOT of planes!!

No comments: