Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Technologically Challenged

I've been putting off writing on here because there is a photo I want to upload of Beth. (My sister brought up a box of temporary hair coloring and we tried a few strands on Beth's hair.) But we have a new computer and I've been trying to learn Windows 8 and just the thought of uploading a photo in this new format makes me nervous! :)

We also got smart phones. For the first time ever, I'm able to go on-line with my phone, take pictures, upload them to facebook and even send an e-mail!! With! My! Phone! I know, I'm really dating myself.

But I decided to Just! Do! It! Upload the picture and write a blog post!

I got out my camera but couldn't find the chord. I looked and looked but it wasn't where it was supposed to be: in the little cloth pouch by the computer. I finally found it under the computer desk, in the bin that holds all of our chords and chargers and... I got everything hooked up but couldn't for the life of me find the photo! I looked in a few folders but it just wasn't there.

Then I remembered.

I took the picture with my phone.

Ummm, how do I get pictures from my phone to my computer? Does my phone have a chord that I plug into the computer? I think I can upload the photo directly from my phone to my blog, but I have no idea how to do that yet!

Sorry guys. You're gonna have to wait a while longer to see that picture!

4 comments:

Caz said...

Good to hear from you Cindy. In this situation, I send the photo from my phone by email so I can access it from the computer - maybe not the most straightforward way, but it's easy enough, and it works.

Anna Theurer said...

Cindy, you are a hoot! The easiest way is to do what Caz said--to email it to yourself and then save it onto your computer. You can also download the Blogger App and access your phone photos that way. I don't really like the Blogger app. Also, the phone charger can connect to your computer via USB and then you can access it that way. . . still, the easiest way is to email.

Deborah said...

I don't have one of those fancy phones yet! One of these days I'll join you in this technologically advanced world. Can't wait to see the photo! :)

Unknown said...

Too funny Cindy! I concur with everyone else--I email photos to myself as well. Looking forward to seeing the photo!